Spurs ‘keeper Brad Friedel talks about the art of saving penalties on RTE [Video]
- June 29, 2014
Spurs keeper Brad Friedel is keeping busy on the punditry circuit during the World Cup.
Having appeared on BBC in Brazil just last week, the American keeper flew into Dublin, Ireland, to appear on RTE’s World Cup panel.
Friedel discussed the art of saving penalties, and the psychology behind it from a keeper’s perspective.
The Spurs keeper said his best form of judgement as to which way a player is going to go is by watching his standing foot, and that a long run up usually means the shot will be hit centrally.
- Spurs are confident of signing Toby Alderweireld ahead of Southampton [London Evening S...
- Tottenham hope to land Christian Benteke by offering Aston Villa Emmanuel Adebayor
- Spurs fans celebrate as Guangzhou Evergrande confirm €14m signing of Paulinho [Pics ...
- Roy Keane says he wasn’t even a Man United fan whilst playing for them; Support S...
- Tottenham have completed the signing of Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka [Gazzetta dell...
- Spurs bid €13m for Marseille midfielder Gianelli Imbula [RMC Sport]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi