Spurs ‘keeper Brad Friedel talks about the art of saving penalties on RTE [Video]
- June 29, 2014
Spurs keeper Brad Friedel is keeping busy on the punditry circuit during the World Cup.
Having appeared on BBC in Brazil just last week, the American keeper flew into Dublin, Ireland, to appear on RTE’s World Cup panel.
Friedel discussed the art of saving penalties, and the psychology behind it from a keeper’s perspective.
The Spurs keeper said his best form of judgement as to which way a player is going to go is by watching his standing foot, and that a long run up usually means the shot will be hit centrally.
- New Spurs striker Heung-Min Son gives first interview since move (Video)
- Europa League Draw: Liverpool & Tottenham get relatively easy groups
- Spurs confirm signing of Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen
- Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor is set to have a medical with West Ham today [Talks...
- EPL enhanced offers!!! 5/1 Arsenal to beat Newcastle, 6/1 Spurs v Everton & Real M...
- Fan footage: Ex-Spurs man Paulinho hits a 40-yard free kick golazo for Guangzhou Evergr...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...