Spurs have paid €10m Federico Fazio release fee, in line for debut v Liverpool [AS]
Spanish newspaper AS confirm on Tuesday afternoon that Tottenham have paid the release clause of Sevilla captain Federico Fazio.
Spurs have been heavily linked with the Argentine defender in recent days and have taken advantage of contract negotiations breaking down to secure a deal for the Sevilla defender.
Tottenham deposited 10 million euros with La Liga and AS suggest that Fazio could be in line for his White Hart Lane debut next Sunday when he could face Mario Balotelli and Liverpool.
Sevilla have been looking for a replacement for Fazio for some time, and AS say it marks a significant departure from their defence.
Fazio has already said his farewells to Sevilla team mates and that he will receive a significant salary increase at White Hart Lane.
Amongst the replacements suggested to replace Fazio, is Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk but AS suggest Newcastle are also interested.
Federico Fazio is expected to be first choice alongside Jan Vertonghen in Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs side, in the centre of defence.
Watch Live Stream
- 10 goal thriller: Sevilla beat Espanyol 6-4 (Official video)August 21, 2016
- Barcelona’s Jordi Alba filmed betting Pique €20 that Claudio Bravo would save penalty v Sevilla (Video)August 19, 2016
- Barcelona secure Spanish Super Cup with 3-0 2nd leg win over Sevilla (Videos)August 18, 2016
- Joe Hart may join Everton or Sevilla on loan [BBC]August 17, 2016
- Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish promises Wilfried Zaha won’t be sold to Spurs [Quotes]August 26, 2016
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Phil Coutinho a major doubt for Tottenham v Liverpool [Liverpool Echo]August 26, 2016