- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
- The sad story of how Paulo Cesar sold his 1970 World Cup winners medal for cocaine [L’Equipe]
- Most of Man United’s Class of ’92 went out for dinner with Andy Cole on Saturday night [Picture]
- Ronaldinho scored a double as an 84th minute Queretaro sub v Club America [Video]
Spurs have paid €10m Federico Fazio release fee, in line for debut v Liverpool [AS]
- August 26, 2014
Spanish newspaper AS confirm on Tuesday afternoon that Tottenham have paid the release clause of Sevilla captain Federico Fazio.
Spurs have been heavily linked with the Argentine defender in recent days and have taken advantage of contract negotiations breaking down to secure a deal for the Sevilla defender.
Tottenham deposited 10 million euros with La Liga and AS suggest that Fazio could be in line for his White Hart Lane debut next Sunday when he could face Mario Balotelli and Liverpool.
Sevilla have been looking for a replacement for Fazio for some time, and AS say it marks a significant departure from their defence.
Fazio has already said his farewells to Sevilla team mates and that he will receive a significant salary increase at White Hart Lane.
Amongst the replacements suggested to replace Fazio, is Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk but AS suggest Newcastle are also interested.
Federico Fazio is expected to be first choice alongside Jan Vertonghen in Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs side, in the centre of defence.