Spurs have paid €10m Federico Fazio release fee, in line for debut v Liverpool [AS]
Spanish newspaper AS confirm on Tuesday afternoon that Tottenham have paid the release clause of Sevilla captain Federico Fazio.
Spurs have been heavily linked with the Argentine defender in recent days and have taken advantage of contract negotiations breaking down to secure a deal for the Sevilla defender.
Tottenham deposited 10 million euros with La Liga and AS suggest that Fazio could be in line for his White Hart Lane debut next Sunday when he could face Mario Balotelli and Liverpool.
Sevilla have been looking for a replacement for Fazio for some time, and AS say it marks a significant departure from their defence.
Fazio has already said his farewells to Sevilla team mates and that he will receive a significant salary increase at White Hart Lane.
Amongst the replacements suggested to replace Fazio, is Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk but AS suggest Newcastle are also interested.
Federico Fazio is expected to be first choice alongside Jan Vertonghen in Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs side, in the centre of defence.
Watch Live Stream
- Samir Nasri tells all about Man City boss Pep Guardiola, including his sex curfewNovember 15, 2016
- Awesome: Luis Suarez gave his shirt to a young fan after Sevilla v Barcelona (Video)November 8, 2016
- Awesome video of Leo Messi’s brilliant individual performance v SevillaNovember 8, 2016
- Brilliant Leo Messi guides Barcelona to 2-1 win at Sevilla (official video)November 7, 2016
- Harry Kane surprises a Spurs fan with a Christmas call (Video)December 5, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino cites Michael Owen dive to defend Spurs midfielderDecember 5, 2016
- FPL managers rush to sell Sergio Aguero, Spurs & Chelsea men top replacementsDecember 4, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016