Spurs have paid €10m Federico Fazio release fee, in line for debut v Liverpool [AS]
- August 26, 2014
Spanish newspaper AS confirm on Tuesday afternoon that Tottenham have paid the release clause of Sevilla captain Federico Fazio.
Spurs have been heavily linked with the Argentine defender in recent days and have taken advantage of contract negotiations breaking down to secure a deal for the Sevilla defender.
Tottenham deposited 10 million euros with La Liga and AS suggest that Fazio could be in line for his White Hart Lane debut next Sunday when he could face Mario Balotelli and Liverpool.
Sevilla have been looking for a replacement for Fazio for some time, and AS say it marks a significant departure from their defence.
Fazio has already said his farewells to Sevilla team mates and that he will receive a significant salary increase at White Hart Lane.
Amongst the replacements suggested to replace Fazio, is Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk but AS suggest Newcastle are also interested.
Federico Fazio is expected to be first choice alongside Jan Vertonghen in Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs side, in the centre of defence.
- Werder Bremen scored a terrific team goal in their win over Sevilla (Video)
- Anthony Ujah finishes off awesome Werder Bremen team goal v Sevilla (Video)
- Sevilla want Roberto Soldado, player wants to leave Tottenham [Super Deporte]
- Jokes: Yevhen Konoplyanka fell over during his Sevilla unveiling [Video]
- Georgian football fans scuffle with police to buy tickets to see Barcelona v Sevilla in...
- Sevilla announce agreement to sign Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi