Spurs have paid €10m Federico Fazio release fee, in line for debut v Liverpool [AS]
Spanish newspaper AS confirm on Tuesday afternoon that Tottenham have paid the release clause of Sevilla captain Federico Fazio.
Spurs have been heavily linked with the Argentine defender in recent days and have taken advantage of contract negotiations breaking down to secure a deal for the Sevilla defender.
Tottenham deposited 10 million euros with La Liga and AS suggest that Fazio could be in line for his White Hart Lane debut next Sunday when he could face Mario Balotelli and Liverpool.
Sevilla have been looking for a replacement for Fazio for some time, and AS say it marks a significant departure from their defence.
Fazio has already said his farewells to Sevilla team mates and that he will receive a significant salary increase at White Hart Lane.
Amongst the replacements suggested to replace Fazio, is Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk but AS suggest Newcastle are also interested.
Federico Fazio is expected to be first choice alongside Jan Vertonghen in Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs side, in the centre of defence.
Watch Live Stream
- Brilliant fan footage of Leo Messi’s 2nd assist for Neymar in Copa del Rey final (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Barcelona bag the double with 2-0 ET win over Sevilla (Videos)May 23rd, 2016
- Everton are trying to land Sevilla’s Unai Emery [Telegraph]May 22nd, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp made the Liverpool squad sing after Sevilla defeat [Mirror]May 20th, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose seemed to have an accident in his shorts v TurkeyMay 22nd, 2016