Spurs forward Erik Lamela celebrates Argentina win with a Selfie on Twitter
- June 16, 2014
— Erik Manuel Lamela (@Coco_Lamela) June 16, 2014
Erik Lamela could be forgiven for thinking what might have been after a disastrous first season at Tottenham.
The record signing for Spurs is currently training in Argentina in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season having missed the second half of the last campaign with a host of injuries, specifically to his back.
Lamela was part of Alejandro Sabella’s Argentina squad and had he been fit and even had a moderate season, would likely be in Brazil with La Albiceleste.
Instead, the Tottenham flop was watching Argentina’s 2-0 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina with friends and uploaded a Twitter Selfie to celebrate.
Lamela wrote: “Siiii argentina siiii leo messi sos crack … gritalo cantalooo!!!!!!”
The former River Plate youngster was chuffed with the win (“yeeeees Argentine yeeees”) and like many, hailed Lionel Messi as a “crack” – “super player” in English.
Spurs fans will be hoping that Lamela will be taking more than selfies from a couch next season and that new boss Mauricio Pochettino can get the best out of his fellow Argentine.
- Why Erik Lamela’s move from Tottenham to Marseille collapsed [L’Equipe]
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Marseille are in advanced talks with Tottenham over a deal for Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Juventus set to move for Spurs attacker Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Tottenham fans tear Erik Lamela to pieces after Stoke claim a 2-2 draw at White Hart La...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...