Spurs forward Erik Lamela celebrates Argentina win with a Selfie on Twitter
- June 16, 2014
— Erik Manuel Lamela (@Coco_Lamela) June 16, 2014
Erik Lamela could be forgiven for thinking what might have been after a disastrous first season at Tottenham.
The record signing for Spurs is currently training in Argentina in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season having missed the second half of the last campaign with a host of injuries, specifically to his back.
Lamela was part of Alejandro Sabella’s Argentina squad and had he been fit and even had a moderate season, would likely be in Brazil with La Albiceleste.
Instead, the Tottenham flop was watching Argentina’s 2-0 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina with friends and uploaded a Twitter Selfie to celebrate.
Lamela wrote: “Siiii argentina siiii leo messi sos crack … gritalo cantalooo!!!!!!”
The former River Plate youngster was chuffed with the win (“yeeeees Argentine yeeees”) and like many, hailed Lionel Messi as a “crack” – “super player” in English.
Spurs fans will be hoping that Lamela will be taking more than selfies from a couch next season and that new boss Mauricio Pochettino can get the best out of his fellow Argentine.
- Porto “very close” to completing loan deal for Tottenham’s Erik Lamel...
- Erik Lamela posts picture of his father… who looks just like David Ginola
- Gamer perfectly recreates Erik Lamela’s rabona golazo for Spurs on FIFA 15 [Video]
- Erik Lamela almost scores outrageous rabona lob in friendly vs Sydney [Video]
- Harry Kane & Erik Lamela celebrate Spurs win at Everton on Instagram
- Juventus are ‘very interested’ in signing Tottenham’s Erik Lamela [Di...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi