Spurs forward Erik Lamela celebrates Argentina win with a Selfie on Twitter
— Erik Manuel Lamela (@Coco_Lamela) June 16, 2014
Erik Lamela could be forgiven for thinking what might have been after a disastrous first season at Tottenham.
The record signing for Spurs is currently training in Argentina in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season having missed the second half of the last campaign with a host of injuries, specifically to his back.
Lamela was part of Alejandro Sabella’s Argentina squad and had he been fit and even had a moderate season, would likely be in Brazil with La Albiceleste.
Instead, the Tottenham flop was watching Argentina’s 2-0 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina with friends and uploaded a Twitter Selfie to celebrate.
Lamela wrote: “Siiii argentina siiii leo messi sos crack … gritalo cantalooo!!!!!!”
The former River Plate youngster was chuffed with the win (“yeeeees Argentine yeeees”) and like many, hailed Lionel Messi as a “crack” – “super player” in English.
Spurs fans will be hoping that Lamela will be taking more than selfies from a couch next season and that new boss Mauricio Pochettino can get the best out of his fellow Argentine.
Watch Live Stream
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela returns to Argentina in odd circumstances. Here’s what we knowDecember 6, 2016
- Spurs players celebrate CSKA win on InstagramSeptember 28, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela pictured eye gouging Liverpool’s Dejan LovrenAugust 28, 2016
- Tottenham’s 4 best moments v Crystal Palace. Ft. Erik Lamela nuts & Rose reaction (Video)August 24, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Pochettino says he WON’T tell Dele Alli to cut the diving and playactingDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool & Spurs eyeing January move for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- PSG are planning a huge bid for Spurs star Dele Alli [Mirror]December 9, 2016