Spurs forward Erik Lamela celebrates Argentina win with a Selfie on Twitter
- June 16, 2014
— Erik Manuel Lamela (@Coco_Lamela) June 16, 2014
Erik Lamela could be forgiven for thinking what might have been after a disastrous first season at Tottenham.
The record signing for Spurs is currently training in Argentina in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season having missed the second half of the last campaign with a host of injuries, specifically to his back.
Lamela was part of Alejandro Sabella’s Argentina squad and had he been fit and even had a moderate season, would likely be in Brazil with La Albiceleste.
Instead, the Tottenham flop was watching Argentina’s 2-0 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina with friends and uploaded a Twitter Selfie to celebrate.
Lamela wrote: “Siiii argentina siiii leo messi sos crack … gritalo cantalooo!!!!!!”
The former River Plate youngster was chuffed with the win (“yeeeees Argentine yeeees”) and like many, hailed Lionel Messi as a “crack” – “super player” in English.
Spurs fans will be hoping that Lamela will be taking more than selfies from a couch next season and that new boss Mauricio Pochettino can get the best out of his fellow Argentine.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...