Spurs chairman Daniel Levy spotted in Dubrovnik yesterday, discussing Halilovic
If you believe the widespread reports in the Spanish and English press, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy was in Miami this week discussing the ongoing transfer saga of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Not so, say the Croatian media who claim Levy was spotted in Dubrovnik, a coastal city in Croatia, on Thursday.
Sportske Novosti report Levy was spotted with Zdravko Mamić, the Dinamo Zagreb executive director, where they were allegedly discussing the transfer of Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic.
In July, initial reports suggested Tottenham had completed the signings of Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj.
That deal subsequently floundered, with Jedvaj eventually signing for Roma but Spurs are reportedly still keen on signing Halilovic, nicknamed the “new Luka Modric.”
Spurs had agreed a 20 million euro deal for Halilovic and Jedvaj but failed to agree personal terms with the former.
The only problem with these Croatian reports is that Daniel Levy has taken up a back seat over transfer negotiations since the arrival of Franco Baldini at Spurs this summer, unless the Italian was closing a deal for Etienne Capoue in France…
Watch Live Stream
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Manchester City on brink of signing Croatian starlet Ante Coric from Dinamo Zagreb [Mirror]August 19, 2016
- Liverpool have submitted a €15m bid for 19-year-old Dinamo Zagreb star Ante Ćorić [tportal]July 6, 2016
- Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi watches Dinamo Zagreb’s 17-year-old Josip Brekalo [Mirror]April 10, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Pochettino says he WON’T tell Dele Alli to cut the diving and playactingDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool & Spurs eyeing January move for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- PSG are planning a huge bid for Spurs star Dele Alli [Mirror]December 9, 2016