Spurs chairman Daniel Levy spotted in Dubrovnik yesterday, discussing Halilovic
- August 9, 2013
If you believe the widespread reports in the Spanish and English press, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy was in Miami this week discussing the ongoing transfer saga of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Not so, say the Croatian media who claim Levy was spotted in Dubrovnik, a coastal city in Croatia, on Thursday.
Sportske Novosti report Levy was spotted with Zdravko Mamić, the Dinamo Zagreb executive director, where they were allegedly discussing the transfer of Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic.
In July, initial reports suggested Tottenham had completed the signings of Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj.
That deal subsequently floundered, with Jedvaj eventually signing for Roma but Spurs are reportedly still keen on signing Halilovic, nicknamed the “new Luka Modric.”
Spurs had agreed a 20 million euro deal for Halilovic and Jedvaj but failed to agree personal terms with the former.
The only problem with these Croatian reports is that Daniel Levy has taken up a back seat over transfer negotiations since the arrival of Franco Baldini at Spurs this summer, unless the Italian was closing a deal for Etienne Capoue in France…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...