Spurs chairman Daniel Levy spotted in Dubrovnik yesterday, discussing Halilovic
If you believe the widespread reports in the Spanish and English press, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy was in Miami this week discussing the ongoing transfer saga of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Not so, say the Croatian media who claim Levy was spotted in Dubrovnik, a coastal city in Croatia, on Thursday.
Sportske Novosti report Levy was spotted with Zdravko Mamić, the Dinamo Zagreb executive director, where they were allegedly discussing the transfer of Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic.
In July, initial reports suggested Tottenham had completed the signings of Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj.
That deal subsequently floundered, with Jedvaj eventually signing for Roma but Spurs are reportedly still keen on signing Halilovic, nicknamed the “new Luka Modric.”
Spurs had agreed a 20 million euro deal for Halilovic and Jedvaj but failed to agree personal terms with the former.
The only problem with these Croatian reports is that Daniel Levy has taken up a back seat over transfer negotiations since the arrival of Franco Baldini at Spurs this summer, unless the Italian was closing a deal for Etienne Capoue in France…
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi watches Dinamo Zagreb’s 17-year-old Josip Brekalo [Mirror]April 10th, 2016
- Nacional de Zagreb bid to make Ricardinho the best paid futsal star in the world [Index]April 7th, 2016
- Dinamo Zagreb confirm they turned down an approach from Chelsea for Adrian SemperJanuary 17th, 2016
- Arsenal set to move for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic [Corriere dello Sport]December 28th, 2015
- Tottenham star Christian Eriksen admits finishing below Arsenal was “infuriating” [BT]May 27th, 2016
- Tottenham set to sign Croatian playmaker Ante Coric for €4m [TMW]May 27th, 2016
- Man United-bound Zlatan Ibrahimovic rejects offer from Tottenham [Di Marzio]May 27th, 2016
- Tottenham agree kit deal with Nike, far lower than Chelsea’s [Times]May 25th, 2016