- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
Spurs boss Tim Sherwood tells press ‘Erik Lamela is no way near resuming training or being up for selection’
Record Tottenham signing Erik Lamela has been something of a flop thus far.
The Argentianian winger signed from Roma for £30m has barely featured under both Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.
His fitness has been questioned by the press this week and Spurs manager Tim Sherwood admitted on Friday that Erik Lamela is still some way from a return to the first team.
Sherwood said “We’re hoping he’ll be back before end of season, but don’t think he’s anywhere near resuming training or being up for selection.”
Sherwood rejected talk Lamela is out for the season but said "I don't think he is anywhere near resuming training or being up for selection"
— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) March 7, 2014
Bizaare that a player can be back in training yet be 'nowhere near ready for the 1st team' (Sherwood on Lamela)
— Ben Alfrey (@InsideN17) March 7, 2014
- Updated: March 7, 2014