Spurs boss Tim Sherwood tells press ‘Erik Lamela is no way near resuming training or being up for selection’
- March 7, 2014
Record Tottenham signing Erik Lamela has been something of a flop thus far.
The Argentianian winger signed from Roma for £30m has barely featured under both Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.
His fitness has been questioned by the press this week and Spurs manager Tim Sherwood admitted on Friday that Erik Lamela is still some way from a return to the first team.
Sherwood said “We’re hoping he’ll be back before end of season, but don’t think he’s anywhere near resuming training or being up for selection.”
Sherwood rejected talk Lamela is out for the season but said "I don't think he is anywhere near resuming training or being up for selection"
— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) March 7, 2014
Bizaare that a player can be back in training yet be 'nowhere near ready for the 1st team' (Sherwood on Lamela)
— Ben Alfrey (@InsideN17) March 7, 2014
- Why Erik Lamela’s move from Tottenham to Marseille collapsed [L’Equipe]
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Marseille are in advanced talks with Tottenham over a deal for Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Juventus set to move for Spurs attacker Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Tottenham fans tear Erik Lamela to pieces after Stoke claim a 2-2 draw at White Hart La...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...