Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas brands the decision not to ban Fernando Torres for cat scratch a ‘joke’ and a ‘disgrace’
Amazingly, Fernando Torres has gotten away without an additional ban for scratching Jan Vertonghen on the face during last Saturday’s London derby between Spurs and Chelsea.
Torres was sent off after the incident, but there have been widespread calls for his 3 game ban to be extended after the nastiness of the scratch was made clear.
Despite the incident being included in the referee’s match report, the powers-that-be have inexplicably overlooked Torres catty scratch, and AVB is justifiably not having it.
A Sky Sports News report into AVB’s reaction to the non-action can be seen on the first clip below, while Jose Mourinho’s simply bizarre reaction to and rationalisation of the news can be seen on the second clip.
[gthumb id=”360733″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”360800″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Former Chelsea & Spurs manager AVB announces he’s quitting Russian football ...
- Andre Villas-Boas: Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t arrogant and he deserves more respect
- Zenit boss Andre Villas-Boas slams Tottenham & Daniel Levy for breaking promises
- Liverpool may sack Brendan Rodgers to appoint ex-Chelsea & Spurs boss AVB [Sunday ...
- Fernando Torres bags a goal & assist as Atletico Madrid win 2-0 at Eibar (official...
- Torres looks like who? 18 Footballers who look like Movie Stars (Video)
- Shanghai SIPG 0 – Atletico Madrid 3: Antoine Griezmann (2) and Fernando Torres sc...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)