Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas brands the decision not to ban Fernando Torres for cat scratch a ‘joke’ and a ‘disgrace’
- October 2, 2013
Amazingly, Fernando Torres has gotten away without an additional ban for scratching Jan Vertonghen on the face during last Saturday’s London derby between Spurs and Chelsea.
Torres was sent off after the incident, but there have been widespread calls for his 3 game ban to be extended after the nastiness of the scratch was made clear.
Despite the incident being included in the referee’s match report, the powers-that-be have inexplicably overlooked Torres catty scratch, and AVB is justifiably not having it.
A Sky Sports News report into AVB’s reaction to the non-action can be seen on the first clip below, while Jose Mourinho’s simply bizarre reaction to and rationalisation of the news can be seen on the second clip.
[gthumb id=”360733″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”360800″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Andre Villas-Boas: Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t arrogant and he deserves more respect
- Zenit boss Andre Villas-Boas slams Tottenham & Daniel Levy for breaking promises
- Liverpool may sack Brendan Rodgers to appoint ex-Chelsea & Spurs boss AVB [Sunday ...
- Zenit boss Andre Villas-Boas: ‘I got to where I am today thanks to Jose Mourinho&...
- Happy 37th! Andre Villas-Boas gets the Birthday Bumps from his Zenit St Petersburg play...
- Bizarre video! Bart Simpson takes medical, meets AVB and trains after signing for Zenit
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi