Spurs bag bonus payment from Real Madrid winning CL, for Modric but not Bale [Times]
- May 26, 2014
There were rumours in the aftermath of Real Madrid’s Champions League final victory that Spurs had secured up to 20 million pounds thanks to bonus payments included in the deals that took Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to Spain.
Gary Jacob of The Times has revealed today that Tottenham will receive a bonus payment for Luka Modric winning the Champions League – but there was no such clause in Gareth Bale’s mega transfer last summer.
Real Madrid paid 27.8 million pounds for Modric with a further 5.5 million pounds added on depending on targets reached.
This included Real Madrid simply reaching the Champions League final.
Jacob adds that there was no similar payment on the Bale deal.
Perhaps this will allow Tottenham to hold on to their best players this summer…
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- BT Sport try to convince Bale and The Ox to change squad numbers in new UCL advert (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo was angry about Gareth Bale again, during Roma defeat [video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Gareth Bale score with Aussie Rules ball on Real Madrid’...
- Benitez avoids labelling Cristiano Ronaldo as The Best in the World, puts Bale in the s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi