Spurs bag bonus payment from Real Madrid winning CL, for Modric but not Bale [Times]
There were rumours in the aftermath of Real Madrid’s Champions League final victory that Spurs had secured up to 20 million pounds thanks to bonus payments included in the deals that took Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to Spain.
Gary Jacob of The Times has revealed today that Tottenham will receive a bonus payment for Luka Modric winning the Champions League – but there was no such clause in Gareth Bale’s mega transfer last summer.
Real Madrid paid 27.8 million pounds for Modric with a further 5.5 million pounds added on depending on targets reached.
This included Real Madrid simply reaching the Champions League final.
Jacob adds that there was no similar payment on the Bale deal.
Perhaps this will allow Tottenham to hold on to their best players this summer…
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Real Madrid star named Best Midfielder of La Liga Santander 2015/16October 24, 2016
- Luka Modric signs new long-term deal at Real Madrid – Cristiano Ronaldo to followOctober 18, 2016
- Gareth Bale names the player who trains the best at Real Madrid – and no, it’s not Ronaldo (Video)October 14, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid star Luka ModricOctober 1, 2016
- Barcelona nearly signed Cristiano Ronaldo before his Real Madrid move [Daily Mail]December 2, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane on three-man shortlist for FIFA men’s Coach of the Year awardDecember 2, 2016
- Mesut Ozil gives Marca license to big up his Real Madrid returnDecember 2, 2016
- Barcelona v Real Madrid: Watch The top 10 goals scored in El Clasico history (videos)December 2, 2016