Spurs’ Assou-Ekotto explains Moukandjo tête-à-tête: ‘He said, ”Give me a break!”, I couldn’t tolerate that’ (!!!) [L’Equipe]
- June 21, 2014
Benoit Assou-Ekotto looked a right mug during Cameroon’s 0-4 defeat to Croatia, sticking his afro on teammate Benjamin Moukandjo, and aggressively leaning his forehead into him.
Surely a grave insult would be the only thing to justify reacting like that to a teammate, right?
Well, not exactly, and the Spurs full-back looks an even bigger mug after telling L’Equipe the story behind it; suffice to say it was a slight overreaction from Assou-Ekotto.
He told L’Equipe:
‘Benjamin’s error didn’t annoy me, that can happen to anyone.
But when I approached him about it, without speaking badly to him, he says back, ‘Give me a break!’
That expression sparked me right off, I couldn’t tolerate it.
There was so much frustration, but I look like a fool. You just don’t do that, there were millions of people watching, kids…’
‘So a simple ‘give me a break!’ was enough to make Assou Ekotto nearly headbutt a teammate. And he’s the one who started it!
(Via So Foot)
- Aurélien Chedjou (Cameroon) nets ridiculous own goal v Thailand [Video]
- Mali player disgracefully tries to get Cameroonian opponent sent off by simulating head...
- Alex Song confirms international retirement on Instagram, wants to “rebuild caree...
- West Ham’s Alex Song left out of Cameroon African Cup of Nations squad
- Ivory Coast pass the ball around their own half for the entirety of stoppage time, secu...
- Scamming ‘Godfather’ predicted Cameroon 0 – Croatia 4, & sending...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...