- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Spurs’ Assou-Ekotto explains Moukandjo tête-à-tête: ‘He said, ”Give me a break!”, I couldn’t tolerate that’ (!!!) [L'Equipe]
Benoit Assou-Ekotto looked a right mug during Cameroon’s 0-4 defeat to Croatia, sticking his afro on teammate Benjamin Moukandjo, and aggressively leaning his forehead into him.
Surely a grave insult would be the only thing to justify reacting like that to a teammate, right?
Well, not exactly, and the Spurs full-back looks an even bigger mug after telling L’Equipe the story behind it; suffice to say it was a slight overreaction from Assou-Ekotto.
He told L’Equipe:
‘Benjamin’s error didn’t annoy me, that can happen to anyone.
But when I approached him about it, without speaking badly to him, he says back, ‘Give me a break!’
That expression sparked me right off, I couldn’t tolerate it.
There was so much frustration, but I look like a fool. You just don’t do that, there were millions of people watching, kids…’
‘So a simple ‘give me a break!’ was enough to make Assou Ekotto nearly headbutt a teammate. And he’s the one who started it!
(Via So Foot)
- Updated: June 21, 2014