Spurs are keen on Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio [AS]
There are widespread reports in England and Portugal this morning that Tottenham are close to signing England Under-21 defender Eric Dier from Sporting Lisbon.
But, the incoming defensive recruitment policy is unlikely to end there for Spurs with Michael Dawson unlikely to fit into the plans of Mauricio Pochettino and fitness doubts remaining over Younes Kaboul.
An Argentine central defender, the 23-year-old has four seasons of Spanish football under his belt and has been a mainstay in the Villarreal backline.
Tottenham have reportedly received very good scouting reports on Musacchio and it could be a fairly easy deal to secure considering the player will likely presumably be keen to work with countryman Mauricio Pochettino.
The AS report does come with a rather large caveat for Tottenham though, the Spanish paper suggests that Musacchio would be a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
The Belgian defender has been constantly linked with Barcelona and this could allow Vertonghen to move to the Nou Camp with Luis Enrique still keen on defensive reinforcements.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton mocked online after new Spurs man Moussa Sissoko ignored their calls [Best Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Spurs match Everton’s £30m bid for Moussa Sissoko; Player agrees 5 year deal at WHL [RMC Sport]August 31, 2016
- Danny Murphy blasts Tottenham’s activity in the transfer market (BBC 5 live Video)August 31, 2016
- Everton agree £30m fee for Moussa Sissoko; Spurs still in bidding war [Reports]August 31, 2016
- Roberto Soldao damages cruciate ligament. Villarreal striker out for 6 monthsAugust 10, 2016
- New Man United star Eric Bailly pens letter to Villarreal fans on Instagram [Translated]June 8, 2016
- Done Deal: Manchester United sign Eric BaillyJune 8, 2016
- Villarreal’s Eric Bailly to have Man United medical this week ahead of £30m move [BBC]June 7, 2016