- Sebastian Giovinco two stunning golazos for Toronto FC v Dallas last night [Video]
- Liverpool v Aston Villa [Team Sheets]
- Lionel Messi fell flat on his face celebrating his 400th Barcelona goal yesterday [GIF]
- Ex Newcastle star Obafemi Martins incredible first touch & golazo for Seattle Sounders [GIF & Vine]
- Leaked: Brand new pictures of Manchester United’s 3rd kit for 2015-16
Spurs are keen on Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio [AS]
- July 31, 2014
There are widespread reports in England and Portugal this morning that Tottenham are close to signing England Under-21 defender Eric Dier from Sporting Lisbon.
But, the incoming defensive recruitment policy is unlikely to end there for Spurs with Michael Dawson unlikely to fit into the plans of Mauricio Pochettino and fitness doubts remaining over Younes Kaboul.
An Argentine central defender, the 23-year-old has four seasons of Spanish football under his belt and has been a mainstay in the Villarreal backline.
Tottenham have reportedly received very good scouting reports on Musacchio and it could be a fairly easy deal to secure considering the player will likely presumably be keen to work with countryman Mauricio Pochettino.
The AS report does come with a rather large caveat for Tottenham though, the Spanish paper suggests that Musacchio would be a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
The Belgian defender has been constantly linked with Barcelona and this could allow Vertonghen to move to the Nou Camp with Luis Enrique still keen on defensive reinforcements.