Spurs are keen on Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio [AS]
- July 31, 2014
There are widespread reports in England and Portugal this morning that Tottenham are close to signing England Under-21 defender Eric Dier from Sporting Lisbon.
But, the incoming defensive recruitment policy is unlikely to end there for Spurs with Michael Dawson unlikely to fit into the plans of Mauricio Pochettino and fitness doubts remaining over Younes Kaboul.
An Argentine central defender, the 23-year-old has four seasons of Spanish football under his belt and has been a mainstay in the Villarreal backline.
Tottenham have reportedly received very good scouting reports on Musacchio and it could be a fairly easy deal to secure considering the player will likely presumably be keen to work with countryman Mauricio Pochettino.
The AS report does come with a rather large caveat for Tottenham though, the Spanish paper suggests that Musacchio would be a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
The Belgian defender has been constantly linked with Barcelona and this could allow Vertonghen to move to the Nou Camp with Luis Enrique still keen on defensive reinforcements.
- Spurs loanee Nathan Oduwa shows off some more terrific skills in 5-1 Rangers win (Vine)
- Tottenham enter the race to sign Juventus target Axel Witsel [Telegraph]
- Tottenham fans have mixed reactions to reports Alexandre Pato may move to WHL (Tweets)
- Sao Paulo prepare for Alexandre Pato to move to Tottenham before the window closes [UOL]
- Spurred On urge Daniel Levy to splash the cash after Spurs 0 – Everton 0 (video)
- Man United fans rip into Harry Kane after he fired another blank v Everton (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...