Spurs are keen on Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio [AS]
- July 31, 2014
There are widespread reports in England and Portugal this morning that Tottenham are close to signing England Under-21 defender Eric Dier from Sporting Lisbon.
But, the incoming defensive recruitment policy is unlikely to end there for Spurs with Michael Dawson unlikely to fit into the plans of Mauricio Pochettino and fitness doubts remaining over Younes Kaboul.
An Argentine central defender, the 23-year-old has four seasons of Spanish football under his belt and has been a mainstay in the Villarreal backline.
Tottenham have reportedly received very good scouting reports on Musacchio and it could be a fairly easy deal to secure considering the player will likely presumably be keen to work with countryman Mauricio Pochettino.
The AS report does come with a rather large caveat for Tottenham though, the Spanish paper suggests that Musacchio would be a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
The Belgian defender has been constantly linked with Barcelona and this could allow Vertonghen to move to the Nou Camp with Luis Enrique still keen on defensive reinforcements.
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka in negotiations with Atletico Madrid [Mundo Deportivo]
- Daniel Levy to fly to Madrid as Spurs close in on Atletico defender Toby Alderweireld [...
- Spurs are confident of signing Toby Alderweireld ahead of Southampton [London Evening S...
- Tottenham hope to land Christian Benteke by offering Aston Villa Emmanuel Adebayor
- Spurs fans celebrate as Guangzhou Evergrande confirm €14m signing of Paulinho [Pics ...
- Roy Keane says he wasn’t even a Man United fan whilst playing for them; Support S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi