Spurs are keen on Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio [AS]
There are widespread reports in England and Portugal this morning that Tottenham are close to signing England Under-21 defender Eric Dier from Sporting Lisbon.
But, the incoming defensive recruitment policy is unlikely to end there for Spurs with Michael Dawson unlikely to fit into the plans of Mauricio Pochettino and fitness doubts remaining over Younes Kaboul.
An Argentine central defender, the 23-year-old has four seasons of Spanish football under his belt and has been a mainstay in the Villarreal backline.
Tottenham have reportedly received very good scouting reports on Musacchio and it could be a fairly easy deal to secure considering the player will likely presumably be keen to work with countryman Mauricio Pochettino.
The AS report does come with a rather large caveat for Tottenham though, the Spanish paper suggests that Musacchio would be a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
The Belgian defender has been constantly linked with Barcelona and this could allow Vertonghen to move to the Nou Camp with Luis Enrique still keen on defensive reinforcements.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose seemed to have an accident in his shorts v TurkeyMay 22nd, 2016
- Barcelona activate buy-back clause in Denis Suarez’s Villarreal contract [Sport]May 11th, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp took a dig at Villarreal boss Marcelino after Liverpool win (Video)May 6th, 2016
- Roberto Soldado destroyed after Roberto Firmino roulette [Video & Tweets]May 6th, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge tested for drugs after Villarreal win, posts video from Liverpool dressing roomMay 6th, 2016