Spurs agree deal with Swansea: Davies + Vorm = Sigurdsson + £5m [Telegraph]
Over the past 24 hours, reports have been rife that Ben Davies had undergone a medical with Spurs during their tour of the USA.
Davies was tipped to be Tottenham’s first signing of the summer, but it looks like the deal between the north London side and Swansea is a little more complex.
Matt Law of the Daily Telegraph, usually a fairly reliable source when it comes to Spurs transfer news, reports that Tottenham are bringing in Ben Davies and Michael Vorm in exchange for Gylfi Sigurdsson and five million pounds.
According to Law: “Chairmen Daniel Levy and Huw Jenkins eventually settled on a transfer that is thought to value both Davies and Sigurdsson at £10m, and Vorm at £5m.”
Ben Davies will challenge Danny Rose for the left back spot under Pochettino in 2014/2015.
Vorm is considered to be the back-up to Hugo Lloris, who just signed a new contract at Spurs. The Dutch keeper has been usurped at Swansea by the arrival of Lukasz Fabianski.
Gylfi Sigurdsson spent a loan spell at Swansea from Hoffenheim before signing for Spurs two summers ago and was pulled out of the Spurs squad at the last minute, just before last night’s pre-season friendly at Seattle Sounders.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal post video of Alex Iwobi’s incredible dribbling skills v Swansea (Video)October 18, 2016
- MOTD pundits not impressed with on fire Arsenal forward Theo Walcott [Tweets]October 16, 2016
- Famous Wenger critic DT asks if Arsenal are riding their luck (video)October 15, 2016
- Granit Xhaka celebrates Arsenal win over Swansea on Instagram, no mention of red cardOctober 15, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016