Spurs agree deal with Swansea: Davies + Vorm = Sigurdsson + £5m [Telegraph]
Over the past 24 hours, reports have been rife that Ben Davies had undergone a medical with Spurs during their tour of the USA.
Davies was tipped to be Tottenham’s first signing of the summer, but it looks like the deal between the north London side and Swansea is a little more complex.
Matt Law of the Daily Telegraph, usually a fairly reliable source when it comes to Spurs transfer news, reports that Tottenham are bringing in Ben Davies and Michael Vorm in exchange for Gylfi Sigurdsson and five million pounds.
According to Law: “Chairmen Daniel Levy and Huw Jenkins eventually settled on a transfer that is thought to value both Davies and Sigurdsson at £10m, and Vorm at £5m.”
Ben Davies will challenge Danny Rose for the left back spot under Pochettino in 2014/2015.
Vorm is considered to be the back-up to Hugo Lloris, who just signed a new contract at Spurs. The Dutch keeper has been usurped at Swansea by the arrival of Lukasz Fabianski.
Gylfi Sigurdsson spent a loan spell at Swansea from Hoffenheim before signing for Spurs two summers ago and was pulled out of the Spurs squad at the last minute, just before last night’s pre-season friendly at Seattle Sounders.
Watch Live Stream
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Updates on whether Man United legend Ryan Giggs will take over at SwanseaSeptember 26, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs could make his EPL return if Liverpool win their next game [Mirror]September 25, 2016
- 9 out of 9 for Pep as Man City win 2-1 at Swansea (official video)September 22, 2016
- Spurs’ Son Heung-min could miss nearly two years due to South Korean military serviceSeptember 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs players celebrate CSKA win on InstagramSeptember 28, 2016
- Hilarious: Georges-Kevin N’Koudou praises his own performance [Tweet]September 27, 2016