- Everton boss Roberto Martinez disappointed with Ireland No2 Roy Keane’s ‘nonsense’ [Video]
- ‘He changed the club’: Thierry Henry reminds Arsenal fans that they’ll miss Wenger when he’s gone [Video]
- Know Your Role: Cristiano Ronaldo scolds Khedira for having the cheek to try and nutmeg him! [Video]
- ‘Come on, Roy’: Wenger tells Hodgson to leave his Arsenal kids out of next summer’s Euro U21s [Video]
- Lionel Messi wants to leave Spain because he feels persecuted by the taxman [El Confidencial]
Spurs agree deal with Swansea: Davies + Vorm = Sigurdsson + £5m [Telegraph]
Over the past 24 hours, reports have been rife that Ben Davies had undergone a medical with Spurs during their tour of the USA.
Davies was tipped to be Tottenham’s first signing of the summer, but it looks like the deal between the north London side and Swansea is a little more complex.
Matt Law of the Daily Telegraph, usually a fairly reliable source when it comes to Spurs transfer news, reports that Tottenham are bringing in Ben Davies and Michael Vorm in exchange for Gylfi Sigurdsson and five million pounds.
According to Law: “Chairmen Daniel Levy and Huw Jenkins eventually settled on a transfer that is thought to value both Davies and Sigurdsson at £10m, and Vorm at £5m.”
Ben Davies will challenge Danny Rose for the left back spot under Pochettino in 2014/2015.
Vorm is considered to be the back-up to Hugo Lloris, who just signed a new contract at Spurs. The Dutch keeper has been usurped at Swansea by the arrival of Lukasz Fabianski.
Gylfi Sigurdsson spent a loan spell at Swansea from Hoffenheim before signing for Spurs two summers ago and was pulled out of the Spurs squad at the last minute, just before last night’s pre-season friendly at Seattle Sounders.
- Updated: July 20, 2014