Spurs agree deal with Swansea: Davies + Vorm = Sigurdsson + £5m [Telegraph]
- July 20, 2014
Over the past 24 hours, reports have been rife that Ben Davies had undergone a medical with Spurs during their tour of the USA.
Davies was tipped to be Tottenham’s first signing of the summer, but it looks like the deal between the north London side and Swansea is a little more complex.
Matt Law of the Daily Telegraph, usually a fairly reliable source when it comes to Spurs transfer news, reports that Tottenham are bringing in Ben Davies and Michael Vorm in exchange for Gylfi Sigurdsson and five million pounds.
According to Law: “Chairmen Daniel Levy and Huw Jenkins eventually settled on a transfer that is thought to value both Davies and Sigurdsson at £10m, and Vorm at £5m.”
Ben Davies will challenge Danny Rose for the left back spot under Pochettino in 2014/2015.
Vorm is considered to be the back-up to Hugo Lloris, who just signed a new contract at Spurs. The Dutch keeper has been usurped at Swansea by the arrival of Lukasz Fabianski.
Gylfi Sigurdsson spent a loan spell at Swansea from Hoffenheim before signing for Spurs two summers ago and was pulled out of the Spurs squad at the last minute, just before last night’s pre-season friendly at Seattle Sounders.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...