Spurs agree £8m fee with Swansea for left back Ben Davies [Mirror]
- June 30, 2014
New Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino looks like he is closing in on his first signing at White Hart Lane.
The Daily Mirror report that “Spurs have agreed a fee worth up to £8 million the Welsh club for Davies, who is heading for London to agree terms.”
In a positive sign for Tottenham fans, the Mirror point out that Ben Davies will be making a similar journey to the one that took Gareth Bale from Wales (via Southampton) to White Hart Lane.
The Swansea left back is now heading to London to talk terms with Tottenham and would appear to be a shrewd move from Pochettino.
Spurs are signing a young and Premier League experienced left back to cover one of the problem positions at the club.
Danny Rose was heavily criticised for his displays last season after a fine loan spell campaign at Sunderland.
It would appear Pochettino is eager to have cover in the left back position to ensure Jan Vertonghen is not pushed out wide again.
And, with two young left backs, Spurs should be well set to play a high octane pressing game under their new Argentine coach.
£6-8 million for Ben Davies is a cracking but of business if I can say so myself!! #COYS
— Daniel Levy (@DanielLevySpurs) June 30, 2014
If that figure for Ben Davies is correct then that's a fantastic deal
— Steve Belsham (@StevenBelsham) June 30, 2014
Ben Davies joining Spurs today. Definitely an upgrade in our fullback department. Still need another 2 Centre Backs for Vertonghen cover.
— mark johncock (@thedevilmumbles) June 30, 2014
— Hotspur Related (@HotspurRelated) June 29, 2014
Ben Davies: - Young - Shown a lot of potential - PL experience - Home-grown - Fair price Might be underwhelming but makes a lot of sense
— Ben (@BenElHipster) June 29, 2014
Spurs signing Ben Davies for £8m makes too much sense. A very good young player in a problem position for a good price. Must be a catch…
— Hamez Maw (@JamesMawFFT) June 29, 2014
Alan Nixon from The Mirror says we've agreed an £8m fee for Ben Davies & he'll now discuss personal terms. Happy with that, upgrade on Rose.
— Chris Miller (@WindyCOYS) June 29, 2014
- Swansea sign Heerenveen keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt, here’s his first interview [...
- Jimmy Carr does stand up at wedding of Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey [Video]
- GK coach Tony Roberts confirms his switch from Arsenal to Swansea on Twitter
- Pablo Zabaleta tweets Man City fan after making her cry by giving her his shirt [Vine]
- Joe Hart on his wonder save for Man City at Swansea [video]
- Swansea boss Garry Monk hits back at Arsene Wenger over negative football jibes [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi