Spurs agree £8m fee with Swansea for left back Ben Davies [Mirror]
- June 30, 2014
New Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino looks like he is closing in on his first signing at White Hart Lane.
The Daily Mirror report that “Spurs have agreed a fee worth up to £8 million the Welsh club for Davies, who is heading for London to agree terms.”
In a positive sign for Tottenham fans, the Mirror point out that Ben Davies will be making a similar journey to the one that took Gareth Bale from Wales (via Southampton) to White Hart Lane.
The Swansea left back is now heading to London to talk terms with Tottenham and would appear to be a shrewd move from Pochettino.
Spurs are signing a young and Premier League experienced left back to cover one of the problem positions at the club.
Danny Rose was heavily criticised for his displays last season after a fine loan spell campaign at Sunderland.
It would appear Pochettino is eager to have cover in the left back position to ensure Jan Vertonghen is not pushed out wide again.
And, with two young left backs, Spurs should be well set to play a high octane pressing game under their new Argentine coach.
£6-8 million for Ben Davies is a cracking but of business if I can say so myself!! #COYS
— Daniel Levy (@DanielLevySpurs) June 30, 2014
If that figure for Ben Davies is correct then that's a fantastic deal
— Steve Belsham (@StevenBelsham) June 30, 2014
Ben Davies joining Spurs today. Definitely an upgrade in our fullback department. Still need another 2 Centre Backs for Vertonghen cover.
— mark johncock (@thedevilmumbles) June 30, 2014
— Hotspur Related (@HotspurRelated) June 29, 2014
Ben Davies: - Young - Shown a lot of potential - PL experience - Home-grown - Fair price Might be underwhelming but makes a lot of sense
— Ben (@BenElHipster) June 29, 2014
Spurs signing Ben Davies for £8m makes too much sense. A very good young player in a problem position for a good price. Must be a catch…
— Hamez Maw (@JamesMawFFT) June 29, 2014
Alan Nixon from The Mirror says we've agreed an £8m fee for Ben Davies & he'll now discuss personal terms. Happy with that, upgrade on Rose.
— Chris Miller (@WindyCOYS) June 29, 2014
- Garry Monk’s bemused reaction to Van Gaal’s claim about Man Utd dominating ...
- ‘We had the best chances’ : Garry Monk post-Swansea 2 – Manchester Un...
- Man United boss Louis van Gaal: 2-1 defeat to Swansea has “no effect” on tr...
- “Disappointed” Man United star Juan Mata discusses 2-1 defeat to Swansea (V...
- Wayne Rooney slammed by Man United fans after woeful display v Swansea [Best Tweets]
- The best tweets as Swansea come back to stun Man United 2-1 at the Liberty Stadium
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...