Spurs agree £8m fee with Swansea for left back Ben Davies [Mirror]
New Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino looks like he is closing in on his first signing at White Hart Lane.
The Daily Mirror report that “Spurs have agreed a fee worth up to £8 million the Welsh club for Davies, who is heading for London to agree terms.”
In a positive sign for Tottenham fans, the Mirror point out that Ben Davies will be making a similar journey to the one that took Gareth Bale from Wales (via Southampton) to White Hart Lane.
The Swansea left back is now heading to London to talk terms with Tottenham and would appear to be a shrewd move from Pochettino.
Spurs are signing a young and Premier League experienced left back to cover one of the problem positions at the club.
Danny Rose was heavily criticised for his displays last season after a fine loan spell campaign at Sunderland.
It would appear Pochettino is eager to have cover in the left back position to ensure Jan Vertonghen is not pushed out wide again.
And, with two young left backs, Spurs should be well set to play a high octane pressing game under their new Argentine coach.
£6-8 million for Ben Davies is a cracking but of business if I can say so myself!! #COYS
— Daniel Levy (@DanielLevySpurs) June 30, 2014
If that figure for Ben Davies is correct then that's a fantastic deal
— Steve Belsham (@StevenBelsham) June 30, 2014
Ben Davies joining Spurs today. Definitely an upgrade in our fullback department. Still need another 2 Centre Backs for Vertonghen cover.
— mark johncock (@thedevilmumbles) June 30, 2014
— Hotspur Related (@HotspurRelated) June 29, 2014
Ben Davies: - Young - Shown a lot of potential - PL experience - Home-grown - Fair price Might be underwhelming but makes a lot of sense
— Ben (@BenElHipster) June 29, 2014
Spurs signing Ben Davies for £8m makes too much sense. A very good young player in a problem position for a good price. Must be a catch…
— Hamez Maw (@JamesMawFFT) June 29, 2014
Alan Nixon from The Mirror says we've agreed an £8m fee for Ben Davies & he'll now discuss personal terms. Happy with that, upgrade on Rose.
— Chris Miller (@WindyCOYS) June 29, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal post video of Alex Iwobi’s incredible dribbling skills v Swansea (Video)October 18, 2016
- MOTD pundits not impressed with on fire Arsenal forward Theo Walcott [Tweets]October 16, 2016
- Famous Wenger critic DT asks if Arsenal are riding their luck (video)October 15, 2016
- Granit Xhaka celebrates Arsenal win over Swansea on Instagram, no mention of red cardOctober 15, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016