Sportske Novosti: Dejan Lovren will sign for Liverpool “today or tomorrow”
Croatian daily sports newspaper Sportske Novosti have just splashed big news on their website: Dejan Lovren’s move from Southampton to Liverpool is imminent.
Lovren has been linked with Liverpool throughout the transfer window with suggestions that the Croatian defender would down tools at Southampton to push through a move.
Sportske Novosti report that Lovren will sign for Liverpool either on Sunday or Monday at the latest after Southampton accepted an offer of 20 million euros from Brendan Rodgers’ side.
Lovren, 25, is expected to sign a four-year deal at Liverpool and is another signing for the Premier League runners-up following Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic.
Liverpool now look set to increase their signings to six this week, with Loic Remy also joining.
Despite finishing second in 2013/2014, Liverpool conceded 50 goals and were always set to bring in defensive reinforcements this summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Sir Alex Ferguson praises Arsenal youngster; gives thoughts on title raceOctober 27, 2016
- 6.5ft 15-year-old Bury starlet Emeka Obi confirms he has signed for LiverpoolOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher Trolls Jose Mourinho after Man United winOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool’s predicted line-up for the Crystal Palace match (Videos)October 27, 2016
- Sofiane Boufal’s incredible goal for Southampton v Sunderland (video)October 27, 2016
- Ex Southampton star Graziano Pelle scores incredible golazo for Shandong Luneng (Video)October 26, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Man City v Southampton: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 22, 2016