Sportske Novosti: Dejan Lovren will sign for Liverpool “today or tomorrow”
Croatian daily sports newspaper Sportske Novosti have just splashed big news on their website: Dejan Lovren’s move from Southampton to Liverpool is imminent.
Lovren has been linked with Liverpool throughout the transfer window with suggestions that the Croatian defender would down tools at Southampton to push through a move.
Sportske Novosti report that Lovren will sign for Liverpool either on Sunday or Monday at the latest after Southampton accepted an offer of 20 million euros from Brendan Rodgers’ side.
Lovren, 25, is expected to sign a four-year deal at Liverpool and is another signing for the Premier League runners-up following Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic.
Liverpool now look set to increase their signings to six this week, with Loic Remy also joining.
Despite finishing second in 2013/2014, Liverpool conceded 50 goals and were always set to bring in defensive reinforcements this summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Touchy: Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva doesn’t like people joking about his phone on TwitterDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool’s Joel Matip reveals why he chose club over countryDecember 10, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United battle to sign a top Premier League defender in January [Times]December 8, 2016
- Man United talks for Victor Lindelof stall, Mourinho to move for Southampton defender [Daily Record]December 5, 2016
- Southampton stun Arsenal at The Emirates in the EFL Cup (Official video)December 1, 2016
- Arsenal v Southampton: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsNovember 30, 2016