- Are you Barça in disguise? Conference side Eastleigh score tiki-taka team golazo [Video]
- Former Irish rugby star Brian O’Driscoll admits he was infatuated when he met David Beckham [Video]
- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
Sporting Lisbon discipline Man United target Marcos Rojo for lack of professionalism [Goal]
- August 13, 2014
He may dream of playing for Manchester United but Marcos Rojo needs to accept that another club pay his wages and that he has to respect them no matter his ambitions.
Sporting Lisbon helped their left-back by giving him a slap of reality and disciplining him for his lack of professionalism.
Now Rojo and fellow want-away star Islam Slimani are set to miss out on the season opener against Academica this Saturday.
Goal reported the quotes from Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho as he said that the club would not be bullied into selling players when speaking to Sporting TV.
“They (Rojo and Slimani) are subject to disciplinary action, but they are not in the ‘B’ Team. Both players took decisions that have provoked strong, internal disciplinary action. A general note: Any player who does not follow the rules of the club, these two or any others, they can do what they want, but it only complicates the issue.
Don’t use the press, be professionals. These players are subject to strong disciplinary measures. They can’t play on Saturday, if they want they can watch the game at home. It could delay things a lot, it could drag things out a lot, but on Saturday it will not be resolved.”
When asked if the duo’s actions could lead to their exits, De Carvalho replied: “It could end with them seeing out their three-year contracts.”