- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Sporting Lisbon discipline Man United target Marcos Rojo for lack of professionalism [Goal]
He may dream of playing for Manchester United but Marcos Rojo needs to accept that another club pay his wages and that he has to respect them no matter his ambitions.
Sporting Lisbon helped their left-back by giving him a slap of reality and disciplining him for his lack of professionalism.
Now Rojo and fellow want-away star Islam Slimani are set to miss out on the season opener against Academica this Saturday.
Goal reported the quotes from Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho as he said that the club would not be bullied into selling players when speaking to Sporting TV.
“They (Rojo and Slimani) are subject to disciplinary action, but they are not in the ‘B’ Team. Both players took decisions that have provoked strong, internal disciplinary action. A general note: Any player who does not follow the rules of the club, these two or any others, they can do what they want, but it only complicates the issue.
Don’t use the press, be professionals. These players are subject to strong disciplinary measures. They can’t play on Saturday, if they want they can watch the game at home. It could delay things a lot, it could drag things out a lot, but on Saturday it will not be resolved.”
When asked if the duo’s actions could lead to their exits, De Carvalho replied: “It could end with them seeing out their three-year contracts.”
- Updated: August 13, 2014