- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- John Terry & MOTM Eden Hazard interview post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- Barça loanee (West Ham) Alex Song: ‘Arsenal is a big family that’s still part of my heart’
- Man United star Angel Di Maria INJURED in final training session before Newcastle game
Sport: Tottenham & Atletico Madrid offer €12m for Barcelona forward David Villa
Catalan newspaper Sport report today that two clubs have made offers for Barcelona forward David Villa, fellow La Liga side Atletico Madrid and Tottenham.
Sport suggest that David Villa is unlikely to stay at Barcelona beyond this summer with speculation rife over the future of the Spanish international.
Atletico Madrid are believed to already be looking for a replacement for Radamel Falcao and were earlier this week linked with Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
For much of the January transfer window, David Villa was suspected to be a target for Spurs’ north London rivals Arsenal. The Gunners are now thought to be chasing Stevan Jovetic instead.
At the time it was suggested Villa would be open to a move to England and the challenge of playing Premier League football in London.
It is unlikely Tottenham would move for Villa before they know whether they are playing Europa League or Champions League football next season.
The two offers, according to Sport, were worth 12 million euros, Barcelona are holding out for 15 million.
Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas is almost certainly set to strengthen his strike force after a generally disappointing campaign from Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor.
David Villa has scored nine goals in 24 appearances in 2012/2013 as he bids to recover from a serious shin injury. Footage of the 31-year-old striker is below.
- Updated: May 9, 2013