Sport: Real Madrid are plotting sensational move for Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets
- January 6, 2013
If you ever wanted proof that there are no limits on transfer gossip, have a look at today’s Sport who predict one of the most sensational moves of all time.
Real Madrid are supposedly plotting the transfer of Sergio Busquets from Barcelona to the Bernabeu.
Ahead of the next Real Madrid presidential election, Florentino Perez needs an “ace up his sleeve” and according to Sport sees Sergio Busquets as a future Los Blancos star.
Busquets is apparently seen by Perez as a player that makes Barcelona tick, in a discreet and quiet functioning role – a view shared by many supporters of the Catalan giants.
This rumoured transfer has already been compared to Luis Figo moving from Barcelona to Real Madrid in 2000, which was also promised by Florentino Perez in the lead up to a presidential election.
Figo was brought to the Bernabeu for 61.5 million euros and it may well take a similar bid to secure Busquets who grew up in the La Masia youth team and signed a new contract at the Nou Camp in January 2011 until 2015 with a €150m release clause.
An excellent video showcasing Sergio Busquets’ talents, titled “passes between the lines,” can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi