- (Lord) Nicklas Bendtner scores 1st Bundesliga goal for Wolfsburg at Schalke
- RUMOUR: Marseille may be bought by Saudi prince Al Walid, world’s 35th-richest man [L'Equipe]
- Neil Warnock disappointed Crystal Palace didn’t score more v Liverpool!
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is burnt out by too much football & too much sex [La Cuarta]
- Joao Moutinho to leave Monaco in January: Man United, Arsenal & Spurs interested [L'Equipe]
Sport: Real Madrid are plotting sensational move for Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets
If you ever wanted proof that there are no limits on transfer gossip, have a look at today’s Sport who predict one of the most sensational moves of all time.
Real Madrid are supposedly plotting the transfer of Sergio Busquets from Barcelona to the Bernabeu.
Ahead of the next Real Madrid presidential election, Florentino Perez needs an “ace up his sleeve” and according to Sport sees Sergio Busquets as a future Los Blancos star.
Busquets is apparently seen by Perez as a player that makes Barcelona tick, in a discreet and quiet functioning role – a view shared by many supporters of the Catalan giants.
This rumoured transfer has already been compared to Luis Figo moving from Barcelona to Real Madrid in 2000, which was also promised by Florentino Perez in the lead up to a presidential election.
Figo was brought to the Bernabeu for 61.5 million euros and it may well take a similar bid to secure Busquets who grew up in the La Masia youth team and signed a new contract at the Nou Camp in January 2011 until 2015 with a €150m release clause.
An excellent video showcasing Sergio Busquets’ talents, titled “passes between the lines,” can be seen below.
- Updated: January 6, 2013