Sport compare Messi’s 1st goal v Osasuna with Kanu finish for Arsenal v Deportivo
- January 28, 2013
This is high praise indeed!
Catalan newspaper Sport have today compared Lionel Messi’s first goal against Osasuna on Sunday with a famous Nwankwo Kanu goal for Arsenal at Highbury against Deportivo La Coruna.
Essentially, both Messi and Kanu gave the keeper “the eyes” and simply walked the ball into the net, showing terrific clinical finishing.
Kanu’s goal came in a 5-1 rout for Arsenal over Deportivo La Coruna in March 2000 as Arsene Wenger’s team continued their eventual progression to the UEFA Cup final in 2000.
Just as Lionel Messi fooled Andres Fernandez on his way to scoring 4 for Barcelona in their 5-1 rout of Osasuna, Kanu tricked Jacques Songo’o for Arsenal’s fourth as they also romped to the same scoreline 13 years ago.
Kanu’s goal v Deportivo and Messi’s opener v Osasuna are on the videos below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi