- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Speechless: Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville & Neil Lennon lose ability to speak after Iran 0 – Nigeria 0 snorefest [Vine]
We hadn’t witnessed a draw until this game, and you can bet we sure have now, as Iran and Nigeria bored the world to tears with a soporific stalemate.
There are great 0-0 draws, there are bad ones, and then these is Iran – Nigeria: it will take some beating as the worst game of the tournament.
Back in the studio, you had to feel pity for the pundits, as they struggled to even feign any interest in analyzing the game.
In fact, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville and Neil Lennon were effectively left speechless, unable to respond to Lineker’s question about the best chance of the game, Rio managing a meek, ‘yep’.
- Updated: June 16, 2014