- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Spectacular FAIL: Peter Odemwingie turns up at QPR to force move from West Brom
- February 1, 2013
“Albion can confirm that no agreement was reached with QPR over the transfer of Peter Odemwingie before the closure of the January window and that the striker remains under contract at The Hawthorns. The Club were extremely disappointed to witness TV footage of Odemwingie arriving at Loftus Road on Thursday evening despite further talks between the two Barclays Premier League sides proving fruitless. Odemwingie was also never given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move.” – Official statement from West Brom.
To call the video below awkward is barely doing it justice!
West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie, who had been trying to force a move from the Hawthorns to QPR for over a week, took matters into his own hands and turned up at Loftus Road late on transfer deadline day.
What played out is a ridiculous interview where Odemwingie expressed his love for West Brom and said he expects QPR to stay in the Premier League.
On a day when QPR signed Jermaine Jenas, the fact they barred Odemwingie from Loftus Road says a lot about the advice the West Brom striker has been receiving in recent days.
All QPR boss Harry Redknapp could say was: “I think he probably felt that the deal had been agreed between the clubs and it hadn’t and it was all a bit of a mix-up, really.”
Oh to be a fly on the wall when Peter Odemwingie returns to West Brom training!