Spanish TV criticise Javier Mascherano’s long ball for Barcelona’s defeat at Athletic Bilbao [English subtitles]
- December 3, 2013
Gol Television’s analyst Axel Torres has picked apart how Barcelona lost their first game of the season away at Athletic Bilbao last weekend in La Liga, and the scapegoat for the sole goal of the game is Javier Mascherano.
In a Gary Neville-esque breakdown of how Barca conceded against the Basques, it was point out that in the build up to Bilbao’s goal Mascherano had the opportunity to play a short and simple pass down the Catalans left hand side, but the Argentine instead decided to clear his lines with a long ball.
Mascherano’s punt actually found a teammate as the ball sailed directly onto Cesc Fabregas’s chest, but the former Arsenal man was unable to control the ball and seconds later Athletic had broken the deadlock.
See how Javier Mascherano’s long punt forward ended up costing Barcelona dearly at Athletic Bilbao.
- Fiorentina v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- Barcelona fan cries hysterically as Pedro refuses to deny Man United links (Video)
- Messi returns to Barcelona training a week early along with Neymar (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi