Spanish TV criticise Javier Mascherano’s long ball for Barcelona’s defeat at Athletic Bilbao [English subtitles]
- December 3, 2013
Gol Television’s analyst Axel Torres has picked apart how Barcelona lost their first game of the season away at Athletic Bilbao last weekend in La Liga, and the scapegoat for the sole goal of the game is Javier Mascherano.
In a Gary Neville-esque breakdown of how Barca conceded against the Basques, it was point out that in the build up to Bilbao’s goal Mascherano had the opportunity to play a short and simple pass down the Catalans left hand side, but the Argentine instead decided to clear his lines with a long ball.
Mascherano’s punt actually found a teammate as the ball sailed directly onto Cesc Fabregas’s chest, but the former Arsenal man was unable to control the ball and seconds later Athletic had broken the deadlock.
See how Javier Mascherano’s long punt forward ended up costing Barcelona dearly at Athletic Bilbao.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...