- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Spanish TV criticise Javier Mascherano’s long ball for Barcelona’s defeat at Athletic Bilbao [English subtitles]
Gol Television’s analyst Axel Torres has picked apart how Barcelona lost their first game of the season away at Athletic Bilbao last weekend in La Liga, and the scapegoat for the sole goal of the game is Javier Mascherano.
In a Gary Neville-esque breakdown of how Barca conceded against the Basques, it was point out that in the build up to Bilbao’s goal Mascherano had the opportunity to play a short and simple pass down the Catalans left hand side, but the Argentine instead decided to clear his lines with a long ball.
Mascherano’s punt actually found a teammate as the ball sailed directly onto Cesc Fabregas’s chest, but the former Arsenal man was unable to control the ball and seconds later Athletic had broken the deadlock.
See how Javier Mascherano’s long punt forward ended up costing Barcelona dearly at Athletic Bilbao.
- Updated: December 3, 2013