Spanish TV criticise Javier Mascherano’s long ball for Barcelona’s defeat at Athletic Bilbao [English subtitles]
- December 3, 2013
Gol Television’s analyst Axel Torres has picked apart how Barcelona lost their first game of the season away at Athletic Bilbao last weekend in La Liga, and the scapegoat for the sole goal of the game is Javier Mascherano.
In a Gary Neville-esque breakdown of how Barca conceded against the Basques, it was point out that in the build up to Bilbao’s goal Mascherano had the opportunity to play a short and simple pass down the Catalans left hand side, but the Argentine instead decided to clear his lines with a long ball.
Mascherano’s punt actually found a teammate as the ball sailed directly onto Cesc Fabregas’s chest, but the former Arsenal man was unable to control the ball and seconds later Athletic had broken the deadlock.
See how Javier Mascherano’s long punt forward ended up costing Barcelona dearly at Athletic Bilbao.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...