- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Spanish press think Barcelona’s transfer ban has “frozen” deals for Marc-André ter Stegen & Alen Halilovic
One of the biggest questions surrounding Barcelona’s transfer ban imposed by FIFA on Wednesday is where does this leave recent ‘signings’ Marc-André ter Stegen and Alen Halilovic.
The German international goalie and the Croatian international teenager have both agreed deals to move to Barcelona this summer, however neither of the two deals have yet been ratified as the transfer window is current in place.
Barcelona were hoping to wrap up the deals when the window reopens at the end of the season, but now many are wondering whether the signings will be allowed by football’s governing bodies.
The Spanish press offer some insight into the issues with Ter Stegen and Halilovic, with El Mundo Deportivo claiming the two signings are “frozen”.
SPORT have taken a different angle on the issue in an opinion piece which is titled “How do we explain that Ter Stegen isn’t come because of two Korean players?”
Screengrabs of how the Spanish press are interpreting the impact of Barca’s ban on their two newest signings are below.
- Updated: April 2, 2014