Spanish League to investigate possible match fixing between Levante and Deportivo
- May 3, 2013
On the 13th April Levante were hammered 4-0 at home by a cash-strapped and relegation threatened Deportivo La Coruna.
Trailing 3-0 at half time, Levante midfielder Javier Barkero accused some of his team mates of match fixing.
Italy’s Serie A has dealt with huge match fixing scandals in recent years. Has it spread to La Liga?
Barkero publicly retracted his comments after the match but an investigation will take place to see if there has been any wrongdoing.
“Any game where there is suspicion will be investigated with all the tools available to the LFP,” an LFP spokesman said.
Depor’s Manuel Pablo has now thrown a spanner in the works, alleging suspicion on Barkero himself, for having missed a penalty against Celta Vigo.
Below are the highlights of the game in question, with Barkero’s missed penalty against Celta on the second clip:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi