- Arsenal boss Wenger asked about rumoured crisis talks with Gazidis, neatly deflects question [Video]
- Banter! Chelsea Twitter account trolls Arsenal at 3-0 up v Schalke [Screenshot]
- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey: ‘We’re not bothered about criticism, we have great belief in ourselves’ [Video]
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi scores to become all-time Champions League top scorer [Best Tweets]
- Wenger: ‘We have values at Arsenal; I’d have preferred Usmanov to tell me face to face’ [Video]
Spanish League to investigate possible match fixing between Levante and Deportivo
On the 13th April Levante were hammered 4-0 at home by a cash-strapped and relegation threatened Deportivo La Coruna.
Trailing 3-0 at half time, Levante midfielder Javier Barkero accused some of his team mates of match fixing.
Italy’s Serie A has dealt with huge match fixing scandals in recent years. Has it spread to La Liga?
Barkero publicly retracted his comments after the match but an investigation will take place to see if there has been any wrongdoing.
“Any game where there is suspicion will be investigated with all the tools available to the LFP,” an LFP spokesman said.
Depor’s Manuel Pablo has now thrown a spanner in the works, alleging suspicion on Barkero himself, for having missed a penalty against Celta Vigo.
Below are the highlights of the game in question, with Barkero’s missed penalty against Celta on the second clip:
- Updated: May 3, 2013