Spanish League to investigate possible match fixing between Levante and Deportivo
- May 3, 2013
On the 13th April Levante were hammered 4-0 at home by a cash-strapped and relegation threatened Deportivo La Coruna.
Trailing 3-0 at half time, Levante midfielder Javier Barkero accused some of his team mates of match fixing.
Italy’s Serie A has dealt with huge match fixing scandals in recent years. Has it spread to La Liga?
Barkero publicly retracted his comments after the match but an investigation will take place to see if there has been any wrongdoing.
“Any game where there is suspicion will be investigated with all the tools available to the LFP,” an LFP spokesman said.
Depor’s Manuel Pablo has now thrown a spanner in the works, alleging suspicion on Barkero himself, for having missed a penalty against Celta Vigo.
Below are the highlights of the game in question, with Barkero’s missed penalty against Celta on the second clip:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...