Luca Toni is Barcelona’s ‘new Larsson’ for January transfer window (Spanish April’s Fool’s Day?)
- December 28, 2013
It’s December 28, Dia de los Inocentes, or the Spanish April’s Fools Day!
So the Spanish press are going to town on the spoof news, inventing the most fanciful transfer stories imaginable, even by the Spanish press’ fantastical standards.
The biggest spoof story doing the rounds is Verona’s veteran striker Luca Toni to Barcelona, as the ‘new Larsson’, i.e., the old greybeard striker to bring in as a supersub and act as a role model for the youth.
As ever it’s hoodwinked quite a few, but probably not Luca Toni himself…
- Guiseppe Marotta confirms that Juventus rejected €80m bid from Barcelona for Paul Pogba
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi