Spain’s David Villa on New York City FC move: “I want to help the MLS to grow” [Video]
- June 2, 2014
David Villa has said that he chose to move to the MLS partially because he wants to help the league to grow.
The Spain striker is making the switch from Atletico Madrid to New York City FC and while Villa is used to being a team’s main man, at the minute he’s their only man!
But it’s quite a first signing for the budding club and Villa admits that leading the club was appealing: “More than anything I’m excited by the interest that have shown in me to be a figurehead for this project.”
Villa will first fly to the World Cup and then won’t play a competitive game for New York City FC for a couple of months!
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Filipe Luis has completed Atletico medical, but deal not done yet as Chelsea demand hig...
- Atletico Madrid bid farewell to Mario Suarez ahead of Fiorentina move (Video)
- Jackson Martinez arrives in Madrid after Atletico move, brushes off Falcao comparison [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi