Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Watch Live Stream
- Man Utd’s David De Gea in the clear over prostitution case, considering legal action for defamation [Mail]August 22, 2016
- Juan Mata interrupts and trolls David De Gea’s interview for MUTV (Video)July 24, 2016
- Man United boss Mourinho shows De Gea how important he is to him by bringing in new coachJuly 9, 2016
- David De Gea reunites with Edurne after allegations in a sex scandal (Video)July 8, 2016
- Man United fan breaks leg at Hull celebrating Rashford winnerAugust 27, 2016
- Incredible stat about Marcus Rashford & Jose Mourinho after Man United beat HullAugust 27, 2016
- Jose time: Man United bag last gasp win at Hull. Everyone goes nuts [Best Tweets]August 27, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino was Man United’s first choice boss ahead of Jose Mourinho [BBC Audio]August 27, 2016
- How? Spain’s Nahikari García misses incredibly easy open goal in UEFA Womens U19 final (Video)August 1, 2016
- Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque: Iker Casillas is the only player I didn’t write a Thank You message toJuly 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Antonio Conte’s amazing touchline highlights during Italy v Spain (Video)June 28, 2016
- Spexit: Italy batter Spain – double European champions out of Euro 2016 [Best Tweets]June 27, 2016