Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
- June 15, 2014
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...