Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Watch Live Stream
- David De Gea isn’t one of the top two goalkeepers in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017September 16, 2016
- David De Gea thinks that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is even more imposing in person [Quotes]September 10, 2016
- Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera makes fun of David De Gea (Video)September 1, 2016
- Man Utd’s David De Gea in the clear over prostitution case, considering legal action for defamation [Mail]August 22, 2016
- Man United fan edits Wikipedia entry for Golden Boy Award 2016September 29, 2016
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016
- ‘I need to protect him’: Jose Mourinho explains why Wayne Rooney may not start v Zorya (Video)September 28, 2016
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Diego Costa and David Silva score 2 each as Spain beat Liechtenstein 8-0September 5, 2016
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa receives encouraging words from Julen Lopetegui [Marca]September 4, 2016
- How? Spain’s Nahikari García misses incredibly easy open goal in UEFA Womens U19 final (Video)August 1, 2016
- Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque: Iker Casillas is the only player I didn’t write a Thank You message toJuly 1, 2016