Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Watch Live Stream
- David De Gea pays tribute to Chapecoense’s Cleber Santana. They shared a locker at AtleticoNovember 29, 2016
- Torbe reveals why David De Gea doesn’t use prostitutes [OKdiaio]November 14, 2016
- David De Gea’s release clause at Manchester United revealed by MarcaNovember 14, 2016
- Paul Pogba & David De Gea post messages for Man United fans on InstagramOctober 29, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Anthony Martial calls his performance vs West Ham a ‘confidence boost’ (Video)December 3, 2016
- Lallana & Vardy set up England, but Spain salvaged a 2-2 draw (Official Video)November 16, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo jokes about Spain’s mannequin challenge [Instagram]November 16, 2016
- Eric Dier v Ander Herrera: Spurs & Man United fans argue over which team is harder [Tweets]November 16, 2016
- Spain do the mannequin challenge in Wembley dressing room after England game (Video)November 16, 2016