Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Watch Live Stream
- Juan Mata interrupts and trolls David De Gea’s interview for MUTV (Video)July 24, 2016
- Man United boss Mourinho shows De Gea how important he is to him by bringing in new coachJuly 9, 2016
- David De Gea reunites with Edurne after allegations in a sex scandal (Video)July 8, 2016
- Real Madrid no longer interested in signing Manchester United’s David De Gea [Balague]June 23, 2016
- Man United probably won’t complete signing of Paul Pogba until at least tomorrow [Fabrizio Romano]July 29, 2016
- Deal of the century: Paul Pogba will sign for Man United today [La Stampa]July 29, 2016
- Usain Bolt has a message for Manchester United new boy Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Video)July 28, 2016
- Fee agreed between Juventus and Man United for Paul Pogba; Deal is all but done [Fabrizio Romano]July 28, 2016
- Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque: Iker Casillas is the only player I didn’t write a Thank You message toJuly 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Antonio Conte’s amazing touchline highlights during Italy v Spain (Video)June 28, 2016
- Spexit: Italy batter Spain – double European champions out of Euro 2016 [Best Tweets]June 27, 2016
- Viktoria Varga posts video with her Graziano Pelle doll pre Italy-SpainJune 27, 2016