Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Watch Live Stream
- Eden Hazard & De Gea among the big names to miss out on Ballon D’Or nominationOctober 24, 2016
- Juve’s Gigi Buffon hails Manchester Utd keeper David De Gea (Video)October 20, 2016
- Man United’s David De Gea hailed Gianluigi Buffon’s heroics for Juventus on TwitterOctober 18, 2016
- David De Gea’s incredible save from Phil Coutinho (Video & Tweets)October 17, 2016
- Man United’s Ashley Young once again trolls Eric Bailly’s shoes (Video)October 27, 2016
- Man United legend Patrice Evra dresses up as a panda to fight racism in awesome Instagram videoOctober 27, 2016
- Man United have finally released their official squad photo – and there are notable omissions [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- Juventus aren’t interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan at this moment [Fabrizio Romano]October 27, 2016
- Gerard Pique announces he’ll retire from Spain after the shirt cutting incidentOctober 10, 2016
- There’s a logical explanation for Gerard Pique’s Spain shirt controversyOctober 9, 2016
- Spain’s Gerard Pique had no Spanish flag on sleeves, causes Twitter speculationOctober 9, 2016
- Spain squad surprise Diego Costa with Cake on his 28th Birthday (Video)October 8, 2016