Spain’s David De Gea (Manchester United) ruled out of World Cup group stage with hip injury [MARCA]
In case Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque was contemplating taking Iker Casillas out of the firing line, that choice has now been ruled out, with number 2 keeper De Gea suffering a hip injury in training, MARCA report.
The injury means the Manchester United keeper will miss the rest of the group stage – the games against Chile and Australia, but will be back for a hypothetical last 16 encounter, should Spain make it.
With Pepe Reina as back-up 3rd choice keeper, there’s no goalkeeping crisis in any case.
Watch Live Stream
- Man Utd players, David De Gea chief among them, almost reached mutiny over LVG [Guardian]May 23rd, 2016
- David De Gea on winning the FA Cup with Manchester United (Video)May 21st, 2016
- David De Gea (?!), Liverpool & Spurs stars make Europa League squad of the seasonMay 20th, 2016
- Man United’s David De Gea comes second to Arsenal’s Petr CechMay 18th, 2016
- Man United & Real Madrid top KPMG list of most valuable European clubs [Table]May 25th, 2016
- Ex Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to bring £60m rated Willian to Man United [Sun]May 25th, 2016
- Man United to pay Chelsea millions for Jose Mourinho’s image rights; Contract agreed [Guard...May 25th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Fans joke after Chelsea’s Diego Costa & Man United’s Juan Mata omitted from Spai...May 17th, 2016
- Iker Casillas discusses battling with David De Gea to be Spain’s goalie at Euro 2016 [AS]April 19th, 2016
- Spanish keeper Iker Casillas celebrates his international appearance record on InstagramMarch 28th, 2016
- Which international team has the best Under-25 side?March 27th, 2016