Spain show off their Tiki-Taka Tekkers before & during Uruguay win + Xavi’s awesome control
- June 17, 2013
The Spanish domination of international football shows no signs of abating.
With Spain Under-21s sparkling in Israel at the European Championships, playing some fantastic football without conceding a goal, it was the turn of the star players to show their worth on Sunday night in a hugely impressive display against Uruguay at the Confederations Cup.
Have a read of Spain’s bench v Uruguay and then wonder how any international side can come close: Reina, Valdes, Albiol, Azpilicueta, Monreal, Martínez, Mata, Cazorla, Silva, Navas, Villa, Torres.
The midfield four of Javi Martinez, Juan Mata, David Silva and Jesus Navas would get into any other international side on the planet.
As it turned out, Spain dominated the South American champions to a ridiculous degree during the 2-1 win.
La Furia Roja held possession for 75% of the match (the highest ever in a Confederations Cup match) with a 92% pass completion.
And it wasn’t just their class on the ball that stood out but also how quickly they won the ball back.
With a real number 9 in Roberto Soldado scoring, Pedro claiming his 11th international goal of the 2012/2013 season and Cesc Fabregas playing one his best games for the national side, it was a hugely impressive display.
Below are videos of Spain’s Tiki-Taka, in the warm up and during the Uruguay win, followed by Xavi’s awesome control.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...