Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque rejected mega offer to coach Manchester United [AS]
- May 28, 2014
Spanish newspaper AS reveal today that Manchester United made a huge offer to Vicente Del Bosque in April, but the veteran coach rejected to remain in charge of La Furia Roja.
After Manchester United sacked David Moyes in April, they made contact with Del Bosque and offered him a salary of 20 million euros net for two seasons.
Three years ago, Del Bosque rejected another large offer from Inter Milan due to his desire to remain with the Spanish national team who he is contracted to until after Euro 2016.
AS add that Sir Alex Ferguson suggested Del Bosque to take over after David Moyes’ departure – the other two names on his shortlist for Old Trafford were Diego Simeone and Louis van Gaal, who did eventually get the job last week.
Del Bosque is not keen to work abroad and is hugely unlikely to go anywhere after the Spain job.
The most likely scenario seems to be that he will retire, and choose his successor, after Euro 2016 in France.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...