Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque rejected mega offer to coach Manchester United [AS]
- May 28, 2014
Spanish newspaper AS reveal today that Manchester United made a huge offer to Vicente Del Bosque in April, but the veteran coach rejected to remain in charge of La Furia Roja.
After Manchester United sacked David Moyes in April, they made contact with Del Bosque and offered him a salary of 20 million euros net for two seasons.
Three years ago, Del Bosque rejected another large offer from Inter Milan due to his desire to remain with the Spanish national team who he is contracted to until after Euro 2016.
AS add that Sir Alex Ferguson suggested Del Bosque to take over after David Moyes’ departure – the other two names on his shortlist for Old Trafford were Diego Simeone and Louis van Gaal, who did eventually get the job last week.
Del Bosque is not keen to work abroad and is hugely unlikely to go anywhere after the Spain job.
The most likely scenario seems to be that he will retire, and choose his successor, after Euro 2016 in France.
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Why Man United fans should not be upset with PSG bound Angel Di Maria [Opinion]
- Ashley Young agrees a new 3-year Man United contract [ESPN]
- Manchester United v Tottenham: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League opener
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Pep Guardiola claims Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger hasn’t been fully ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi