Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin is a target for Arsenal and Napoli [Mirror]
- May 15, 2014
Arsene Wenger and Rafa Benetiz are both chasing Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, if the Mirror on Thursday is to be believed.
Schneiderlin, 24, has seen his stock raised this week after the French midfielder was put on standby by Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps for the upcoming World Cup.
While it’s unlikely that Schneiderlin will be in Brazil with France, that fact that he is so highly regarded has helped show just how talented the holding midfielder is.
According to the Mirror, both Napoli and Arsenal are looking to bolster their midfields ahead of next season’s Champions League challenge, and Schneiderlin fits the bill.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez has joined Arsenal in the fight for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.
Schneiderlin, who scored twice in 36 appearances this season, committed to a new long-term deal at the club last year, keeping him contracted to St Mary’s until the summer of 2017.
The Mirror fail to specify how much Southampton would demnad for Morgan Schneiderlin.
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...