Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin is a target for Arsenal and Napoli [Mirror]
- May 15, 2014
Arsene Wenger and Rafa Benetiz are both chasing Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, if the Mirror on Thursday is to be believed.
Schneiderlin, 24, has seen his stock raised this week after the French midfielder was put on standby by Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps for the upcoming World Cup.
While it’s unlikely that Schneiderlin will be in Brazil with France, that fact that he is so highly regarded has helped show just how talented the holding midfielder is.
According to the Mirror, both Napoli and Arsenal are looking to bolster their midfields ahead of next season’s Champions League challenge, and Schneiderlin fits the bill.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez has joined Arsenal in the fight for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.
Schneiderlin, who scored twice in 36 appearances this season, committed to a new long-term deal at the club last year, keeping him contracted to St Mary’s until the summer of 2017.
The Mirror fail to specify how much Southampton would demnad for Morgan Schneiderlin.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...