Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin is a target for Arsenal and Napoli [Mirror]
- May 15, 2014
Arsene Wenger and Rafa Benetiz are both chasing Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, if the Mirror on Thursday is to be believed.
Schneiderlin, 24, has seen his stock raised this week after the French midfielder was put on standby by Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps for the upcoming World Cup.
While it’s unlikely that Schneiderlin will be in Brazil with France, that fact that he is so highly regarded has helped show just how talented the holding midfielder is.
According to the Mirror, both Napoli and Arsenal are looking to bolster their midfields ahead of next season’s Champions League challenge, and Schneiderlin fits the bill.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez has joined Arsenal in the fight for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.
Schneiderlin, who scored twice in 36 appearances this season, committed to a new long-term deal at the club last year, keeping him contracted to St Mary’s until the summer of 2017.
The Mirror fail to specify how much Southampton would demnad for Morgan Schneiderlin.
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Chelsea fan tells Arsenal to enjoy Community Shield, last trophy they’ll win for ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi