- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Southampton’s 18-year old full-back Luke Shaw gives his excited reaction to his first full England call-up
Luke Shaw has lived out every English footballer’s boyhood dream this Thursday afternoon, with the news that he’s been called up to the England squad.
At just 18, it’s confirmed the whirlwind season the young Southampton full-back is enjoying, and Shaw told the press of his excitement at the news today.
Called to the training ground by manager Mauricio Pochettino to have the news broken to him, Shaw’s excitement is a breath of fresh air in the era of jaded international football.
Shaw, for whom Manchester United bid 22 million pounds last January, is the hottest defensive talent in English football, and his call-up is testament to Southampton’s excellent youth academy.
Watch his excited interview on his England call-up below.
- Updated: February 27, 2014