Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
- July 4, 2014
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Crystal Palace will pay their respects to Harry Davies v Liverpool this weekend [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Liverpool, Chelsea & 88 other scouts watch 17-year-old Alexander Isak in action [Expressen]October 25, 2016
- Sean Dyche explains Burnley beat Liverpool on BBC radio (Video)October 25, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Man City v Southampton: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 22, 2016
- That irate West Ham fan was interviewed again after 3-0 Southampton defeat (Video)September 25, 2016
- Mark Noble gives incredibly honest post-match interview after West Ham 0 – Southampton 3 (Video)September 25, 2016