Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
- July 4, 2014
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Touchy: Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva doesn’t like people joking about his phone on TwitterDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool’s Joel Matip reveals why he chose club over countryDecember 10, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp slams Bournemouth’s Steve Cook for Karius admissionDecember 10, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United battle to sign a top Premier League defender in January [Times]December 8, 2016
- Man United talks for Victor Lindelof stall, Mourinho to move for Southampton defender [Daily Record]December 5, 2016
- Southampton stun Arsenal at The Emirates in the EFL Cup (Official video)December 1, 2016
- Arsenal v Southampton: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsNovember 30, 2016