Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
- July 4, 2014
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool fans react to news that Mamadou Sakho is being forced out the club [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho told to find a new club before the window shuts [Mail]August 30, 2016
- Liverpool fans love Jamie Carragher’s comment on Daniel Sturridge Instagram postAugust 30, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Southampton’s Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg follows up impressive display with articulate analysis (Video)August 20, 2016
- “He’s ready to play” – Jose Mourinho on Paul Pogba’s fitness pre Man United v Southampton (Video)August 18, 2016
- Man United v Southampton: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Paul Pogba set to start for Man United against Southampton [MEN]August 18, 2016