Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
- July 4, 2014
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain is interested in Liverpool move [Mirror]May 30th, 2016
- Liverpool fans get revenge on Paul Grange for his sick Hillsborough t-shirt, he gets arrested [Tw...May 30th, 2016
- Three lucky fans chat to former Liverpool star John Barnes on Skype (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool fans turn on UEFA as it transpires Mamadou Sakho was wrongfully banned for doping [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Kelvin Davis’ son scores a super penalty v his dad, Saints hero Matt Le Tissier missed a sp...May 18th, 2016
- FPL GW38: Arsenal & Southampton to finish strong, Harry Kane & Jamie Vardy’s scor...May 13th, 2016
- BBC team of the week: 3 Southampton stars, 2 Black Cats, two Foxes & a Man United defenderMay 9th, 2016
- Ryan Bertrand celebrates Southampton win at Spurs with Instagram videoMay 8th, 2016