- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
- Updated: July 4, 2014