Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
- July 4, 2014
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins a Premier League awardSeptember 28, 2016
- That irate West Ham fan was interviewed again after 3-0 Southampton defeat (Video)September 25, 2016
- Mark Noble gives incredibly honest post-match interview after West Ham 0 – Southampton 3 (Video)September 25, 2016
- West Ham fans call for Slaven Bilic’s head after 3-0 defeat at home to Southampton [Tweets]September 25, 2016
- West Ham a complete laughing stock as Southampton inflict 5th defeat in 6 [Tweets]September 25, 2016