Southampton reject £18 million bid from Liverpool for Dejan Lovren [Sky Sports]
- July 4, 2014
It is understood that Southampton have rejected an £18 million bid from Liverpool for defender Dejan Lovren.
Sky Sports report that Southampton won’t sell for any less than £25m, having already waved goodbye to Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert as they jumped ship for Anfield.
Although they have sold star players this summer, Southampton deserve credit for being shrewd operators in the transfer market, squeezing every bit of value out of each player.
Lallana went for over £20m with Luke Shaw heading to Man United for closer to £30m, the most expensive teenager of all time.
Liverpool have money to spend after qualifying for this season’s Champions League and can expect more cash to flash if they sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona, as expected.
- Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli performs acrobatics in his garden [Instagram video]
- Liverpool’s Andre Wisdom gives his first interview after joining Norwich on loan ...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza spotted at Liverpool training
- Rio Ferdinand trolls disloyal Drake for wearing Man United & Liverpool kits [Insta...
- Watch Philippe Coutinho & Emre Can’s highlights for Liverpool v Porto B (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi