- Liverpool fan channels call for Steven Gerrard to be returned to Number 10 role [Video]
- Skills! Ferencváros’ Ugrai Roland pulls off slick Rabona pass v Paks [Video]
- Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool all target Inter’s £28m-rated Mauro Icardi [Express]
- Yaya Sanogo set to start up front for Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund tonight [Mirror]
- Liverpool’s Rickie Lambert: ‘I find the criticism of Steven Gerrard shocking to be honest’
Southampton on the verge of completing £10m deal for Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster
Southampton are on the verge of completing a £10 million deal to sign Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster.
In one of the day’s biggest stories, various sources report that the giant goalie is set to sign a four-year-contract at Saint Mary’s.
Forster has impressed for Celtic in the last few seasons and benefited immensely from the Bhoys’ successes in Europe, catching the eye of top clubs as well as those involved in the national team set-up.
It will be the second successive summer that Southampton have purchased one of the club’s star players, having bought Victor Wanyama last year for £12.5m.
- Updated: August 9, 2014