Southampton eye Lorient defender Bruno Ecuele Manga to replace Liverpool-bound Dejan Lovren [L’Equipe]
- July 7, 2014
Southampton may be playing hardball over Dejan Lovren’s transfer to Liverpool but it looks like Ronald Koeman’s side are already putting together a list of replacements.
Plenty of reports in recent days have confirmed that Lovren has put in a transfer request and wants to leave Southampton in order to play Champions League football next season.
So far, Southampton have played hardball and are not willing to sell Lovren on the cheap to Liverpool.
But, L’Equipe report on Monday that Southampton are keen on signing Lorient defender Bruno Ecuele Manga.
The 25-year-old central defender from Gabon would appear to have the physical qualities to improve the Southampton defence and could be a shrewd signing for Southampton.
Ecuele Manga is contracted to Lorient until the end of the 2014/2015 season so could also arrive at a decent price considering what Liverpool will pay for Lovren.
But, L’Euipe add that Borussia Monchengladbach and Lazio are expected to also bid for Bruno Ecuele Manga in the coming days, after he recently rejected the offer of a new deal at Lorient.
- The best reactions to the bogus rumour that Liverpool may sell Mario Balotelli to Stoke...
- Steven Gerrard is told he’s nicer than David Beckham as he’s hounded by pap...
- Fighting Fit: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge lays into a punchbag in workout [Video]
- Watch Nathaniel Clyne put on a Liverpool shirt for the very first time [Video]
- Nathaniel Clyne pens messages to Liverpool & Southampton fans on Twitter
- Liverpool fan channel Redmen TV react to signing of Nathaniel Clyne [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi