- Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho explains how his wife convinced him not to take the England job [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho tells brilliant new story about Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli [Video]
- Andre Schurrle rules out speculation linking him with a move away from Chelsea
- Man United star Juan Mata praises Radamel Falcao & Real Madrid in latest blog post
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says performance v Arsenal was better than 5-1 win last year [Video]
Southampton boss Ronald Koeman aims to sign Feyenord’s Graziano Pelle & Twente’s Dusan Tadic [Telegraph]
New Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is looking to do a spot of shopping back in his native Holland, according to The Telegraph.
The broadsheet claim that Koeman is looking to bring in Graziano Pelle from Feyenord – the club where Koeman managed for the previous seasons before venturing into the Premier League this summer.
Italian striker Pelle has a brilliant goals record in the Eredivisie, with 50 g0als from 57 league appearance for Feyernord – but then the Dutch league has some notoriety for propping up strikers until they move to a tougher league (Alfonso Alves, Kezman…).
Valued at around £8 million, Pelle could be worth a try on; his physique and size could be conducive attributes in the Premier League.
With Southampton expecting a bid from Spurs for Jay Rodriguez, Koeman would be looking for Pelle as an able replacement front man.
The second signing the Telegraph claim Koeman is looking to make is Dusan Tadic, a Serbian midfielder valued at £10 million.
- Updated: June 30, 2014