Sorry Stat: Manchester United haven’t scored from open play since week one of the league season
- September 28, 2013
Following Manchester United’s 2-1 home defeat to West Brom, many fans of the Red Devils are trying to understand why things are going so badly for David Moyes’ men at present.
The Reigning champions currently sit in lowly 12th in the Premier League, and doubters are beginning to question whether the title will be returning to Old Trafford come the end of the year.
Amid all the negative chatter, one statistic had focused many Manchester United fans’ minds this weekend.
The telling stat being repeated by crushed Manchester United fans is that their club have failed to score from open play in the Premier League since the opening day of the season.
A graphic illustrating Manchester United’s goals in the league this season is below, together with a series of tweets on the stat Manchester United fans are struggling to handle.
Aaron Ramsey has scored more goals from open play in the league than Manchester United #MoyesOut
— Mike (@MikeLUHG) September 28, 2013
— Bill Rice (@billrice23) September 28, 2013
United now haven't scored from open play in the league since the opening game against Swansea. Worryingly they never got close today. #mufc
— Stephen Taylor (@SteveTaylor07) September 28, 2013
United still hasn't scored from open play this season. That is absurd, and awesome.
— Scott (@ScottyBarby) September 28, 2013
Wolfsburg’s Naldo & Vieirinha soak their boss with beer during his press conference
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]