- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Sociedad’s Carlos Vela set to reject Arsenal return: “I never felt comfortable in London, I never enjoyed it” [Video]
The chances of seeing Carlos Vela return to Arsenal this summer to be a Gunners player next season now seems highly unlikely to happen after the Mexican striker spoke to BeinSport this week.
Vela, who is currently on his summer holidays as personal reasons have left himself outside Mexico’s World Cup squad, had been linked with a return to Arsenal this summer, particularly as it’s common knowledge that the Gunners have a €4m buy-back clause for the striker.
Vela, however, has spoken out against a return to London in an exclusive interview.
The majority of [Sociedad's] players are from the youth system and this has turned the dressing room into something more familiar. The atmosphere is great to the point where after training; we make plans with each other.
We’re always trying to make the teammate next to you, better and you can see this in every game.
I never felt comfortable in London and I never enjoyed it. However, when I got to Donostia (San Sebastian) I found a place where I was very happy, where I’m enjoying myself every day.
The English game is very straightforward. Here, the difference is that there are more touches of the ball and the benefits me.
(Credit to Inside Spanish Football for the translation.)
- Updated: May 30, 2014