Sociedad’s Carlos Vela set to reject Arsenal return: “I never felt comfortable in London, I never enjoyed it” [Video]
- May 30, 2014
The chances of seeing Carlos Vela return to Arsenal this summer to be a Gunners player next season now seems highly unlikely to happen after the Mexican striker spoke to BeinSport this week.
Vela, who is currently on his summer holidays as personal reasons have left himself outside Mexico’s World Cup squad, had been linked with a return to Arsenal this summer, particularly as it’s common knowledge that the Gunners have a €4m buy-back clause for the striker.
Vela, however, has spoken out against a return to London in an exclusive interview.
The majority of [Sociedad’s] players are from the youth system and this has turned the dressing room into something more familiar. The atmosphere is great to the point where after training; we make plans with each other.
We’re always trying to make the teammate next to you, better and you can see this in every game.
I never felt comfortable in London and I never enjoyed it. However, when I got to Donostia (San Sebastian) I found a place where I was very happy, where I’m enjoying myself every day.
The English game is very straightforward. Here, the difference is that there are more touches of the ball and the benefits me.
(Credit to Inside Spanish Football for the translation.)
- Real Madrid considering new £40 million Arsenal bid for Karim Benzema (Fichajes)
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Arsene Wenger takes a Selfie
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi