- Very Cute! Chelsea’s first team take on the whole Under-8s squad [Video]
- Pepe might have taken the worst throw-in EVER during Real Madrid v San Lorenzo!
- LVG presser post Aston Villa draw: “United robbed 2 points… not as good as City!”
- One Man United fan labels Louis van Gaal as arrogant after the Aston Villa draw [Full Time Devils]
- Crystal Palace fans protested ticket prices outside the Premier League HQ on Saturday [Pictures]
Sociedad’s Carlos Vela set to reject Arsenal return: “I never felt comfortable in London, I never enjoyed it” [Video]
The chances of seeing Carlos Vela return to Arsenal this summer to be a Gunners player next season now seems highly unlikely to happen after the Mexican striker spoke to BeinSport this week.
Vela, who is currently on his summer holidays as personal reasons have left himself outside Mexico’s World Cup squad, had been linked with a return to Arsenal this summer, particularly as it’s common knowledge that the Gunners have a €4m buy-back clause for the striker.
Vela, however, has spoken out against a return to London in an exclusive interview.
The majority of [Sociedad's] players are from the youth system and this has turned the dressing room into something more familiar. The atmosphere is great to the point where after training; we make plans with each other.
We’re always trying to make the teammate next to you, better and you can see this in every game.
I never felt comfortable in London and I never enjoyed it. However, when I got to Donostia (San Sebastian) I found a place where I was very happy, where I’m enjoying myself every day.
The English game is very straightforward. Here, the difference is that there are more touches of the ball and the benefits me.
(Credit to Inside Spanish Football for the translation.)
- Updated: May 30, 2014