Why Sir Alex Ferguson signed him up: Wilfried Zaha’s highlights (Crystal Palace) v Boro
- February 17, 2013
“In front of the England manager, I thought Wilf was excellent. We have a few who make a difference. He is one of them. This was as good as [Zaha] has played since I have been here. He is literally as good as any chef I have seen. And he has roasted their full-backs all day and they will be glad to see the back of him.”- Ian Holloway.
Manchester United fans will likely be getting very excited for the arrival of Wilfried Zaha after the Crystal Palace youngster tore Middlesbrough apart on Saturday in the Championship.
Zaha, 20, was signed by Manchester United for £15 million in the winter transfer window, however the tricky forward will only arrive at Old Trafford at the end of the season when his loan move at Selhurst Park expires.
Against Boro, Zaha was unplayable at times.
With Roy Hodgson in attendance, the Eagles forward collected two assists as Palace moved up to 4th in the division, and the England international could have swelled his assist tally even further had Palace centre-forward Glenn Murray been more clinical in the match.
Switching between the right and left flanks throughout the 90 minutes, Zaha tormented Boro fullbacks Stuart Parnaby and Andrew Halliday time, after time, after time.
Enjoy Wilfried Zaha’s individual highlights against Middlesbrough below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...