- Man United’s Louis van Gaal on second-half vs. Spurs: “It was a struggle for life” [Graphic]
- Mauricio Pochettino “very pleased” with Spurs draw v Man United
- Louis Van Gaal says 1st half at Spurs was best Man United performance this season [Video]
- Sam Allardyce urges caution ahead West Ham v Arsenal [video]
- Hugo Lloris says Spurs were lucky in post match interview after Man United draw [Video]
So Neymar can take penalties! Scores winner in shoot-out as Brazil beat Argentina in SuperClassico
Just a week ago the entire planet (or so it seemed) was pointing and laughing at Neymar for producing one of the worst penalties ever taken in Brazil’s friendly draw with Colombia.
Redemption can often come pretty quickly in football and even more so in South America where there always seems to be some sort of international match to be played.
Brazil won the SuperClassico against Argentina on Wednesday night on a penalty shoot-out after losing their second leg clash with their great rivals 2-1.
The match only featured players from Brazil and Argentina’s domestic leagues and had been postponed after floodlight failure the first time this second leg had been staged.
This time Neymar was presented with the opportunity to win the tie for Brazil in the shoot-out and duly slotted it home with the minimum of fuss.
- Updated: November 22, 2012