Sligo Rovers had their name misspelled on FAI Cup medals & it took them a while to notice [Picture]
- November 5, 2013
This story may fuel a fresh cycle of Irish numpty jokes.
Sligo Rovers won the FAI Cup beating Drogheda United 3-2 last weekend in Ireland, but the winners of the trophy had their name screwed up on the ceremonial medals from the match.
After the match, Drogheda’s Philip Hand tweeted a picture of his runner-up medal to show how the victors name was messed up as it was engraved as “Silgo Rovers.”
Moreover, according to TheJournal.ie it took a while for Sligo to realise the error also.
Sligo’s Alan Keane told TheScore.ie: “We only noticed it on the bus on the way back to Sligo. Our skipper Danny Ventre was having a look and spotted it: ‘Silgo.’ We got a few laughs out of that. As long as the right words — cup winners — are on the back we won’t worry too much about what’s written on the back.
The supplier has apologised for the mistake, and new medals are set to be issued to fix the error.
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [P...
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training ...
- Razor Ruddock & Adebayo Akinfenwa try to pick up doughnuts with their elephant mas...
- TalkSPORT suggest alterations to the ratings of certain players in FIFA 15 [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi