- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
Sky Sports discuss Man United’s £25m bid for Barca’s Cesc, say 3 other clubs interested
- July 15, 2013
Following news broken by AS and Guillem Balague on Monday afternoon, Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol has given his insight into Manchester United’s £25 million bid for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas on the 24 hours sports news channel.
According to Solhekol, United’s £25 million bid is well below Barcelona’s asking price, with the Catalans set to demand at least £35 million before agreeing that Fabregas can leave the Camp Nou.
Solhekol also pointed out that Arsenal have an option to buy Cesc for £25 million, whilst the talking head also told the cameras:
My understanding is other clubs have been interested in signing Fabregas, so it’s not as if United have the field all to themselves. There have been at least three other clubs who have inquired about [Cesc].
Watch Sky Sports News’ discussion on Manchester United’s pursuit of Cesc Fabregas below.