Sky Italia say Arsenal are chasing Hellas Verona’s €4m-rated Brazilian starlet Jorginho
- January 24, 2013
Italy’s Sky Sports has reported linked Arsenal with a move for Hellas Verona’s Brazilian-born midfielder Jorginho.
Jorginho has been attracting rave reviews this season in Serie B.
The 21-year-old, who stands at 1.80 meters while commanding a central midfield role in the Verona XI, has reportedly got the likes of Lazio, AC Milan, Napoli and Fiorentina all vying for his signature. Now, so says the rumour mill, Arsene Wenger is also taking a look at the youngster.
There are plenty of factors to dismiss the transfer report as fanciful at best.
Few concrete sources can be unearthed to offer credence to the Sky Sports Italia story, while the main sense that there may be some truth to this piece of gossip stems for the circumstantial evidence that Arsene Wenger likes to find diamonds in the rough who he can then polish up into star performers.
Yet with Arsenal light in midfield with Mikel Arteta, Abou Diaby and Francis Coquelin all missing from the first team at the moment, the Gunners arguably do need extra midfield bodies for second half of the campaign.
Little footage of Joringho is found online, however the Brazilian’s only goal of the season against Modena from December 30 2012 can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...