Sky Italia claim Liverpool have “made a substantial offer” to sign Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) February 18, 2014
We expect this rumour to hit the English press in a few hours, it comes from the amazingly reliable transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio, an Italian journalist for Sky Italia.
Arsenal right back Bacary Sagna is out of contract at the end of 2013/2014.
The French defender, who can play on the right or in the centre, has been in excellent form and with his deal running down, holds all the cards with regards to negotiating with Arsene Wenger and Arsenal.
At 31 years of age, the word from Sagna’s camp is that he is looking for a major deal – perhaps the last one of his professional career.
Sagna is, according to Di Marzio, deciding over the contract offer received from Arsenal and also has a “substantial offer” on the table from Liverpool.
It has been left up to Sagna to decide if he wants to stay in England, if he chooses to go abroad, Inter Milan are in “pole position,” according to Sky Italia.
With Jon Flanagan in excellent form, it is a surprise that Liverpool have moved for Sagna and this will only ratchet up the anger between the two clubs after the Luis Suarez episode last summer.
The suspicion must be that Sagna will re-sign at Arsenal and if the French full back was to leave the Emirates, it would be for an overseas club.
Watch Live Stream
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- Magnificent Phil Coutinho hailed on MOTD after Liverpool win over West BromOctober 23, 2016
- Wayne Rooney has the final word v Michael Owen over supporting LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016