Sky Italia claim Liverpool have “made a substantial offer” to sign Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) February 18, 2014
We expect this rumour to hit the English press in a few hours, it comes from the amazingly reliable transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio, an Italian journalist for Sky Italia.
Arsenal right back Bacary Sagna is out of contract at the end of 2013/2014.
The French defender, who can play on the right or in the centre, has been in excellent form and with his deal running down, holds all the cards with regards to negotiating with Arsene Wenger and Arsenal.
At 31 years of age, the word from Sagna’s camp is that he is looking for a major deal – perhaps the last one of his professional career.
Sagna is, according to Di Marzio, deciding over the contract offer received from Arsenal and also has a “substantial offer” on the table from Liverpool.
It has been left up to Sagna to decide if he wants to stay in England, if he chooses to go abroad, Inter Milan are in “pole position,” according to Sky Italia.
With Jon Flanagan in excellent form, it is a surprise that Liverpool have moved for Sagna and this will only ratchet up the anger between the two clubs after the Luis Suarez episode last summer.
The suspicion must be that Sagna will re-sign at Arsenal and if the French full back was to leave the Emirates, it would be for an overseas club.
Watch Live Stream
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Three lucky fans chat to former Liverpool star John Barnes on Skype (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool fans turn on UEFA as it transpires Mamadou Sakho was wrongfully banned for doping [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Steven Gerrard wishes Fernando Torres good luck in CL Final [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho free to play after 1-month doping ban expires [L’Equipe]May 28th, 2016