Sir Alex Ferguson tried to save David Moyes from Manchester United sack [Sun Sport]
- April 24, 2014
Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory through the tumultuous sacking of David Moyes, his silence throughout rather ominous and deafening.
Many have been disappointed with Fergie’s failure to back up his big words as he stepped aside last May, exhorting the Old Trafford faithful to ‘stand by your manager’.
But according to tomorrow’s Sun Sport, Fergie tried to intervene at the 11th hour and save his successor from the sack.
With the decision ultimately diplomatically taken by Ed Woodward and the board, it seems Fergie’s voice was drowned out in all the white noise.
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi