- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Sir Alex Ferguson tried to save David Moyes from Manchester United sack [Sun Sport]
Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory through the tumultuous sacking of David Moyes, his silence throughout rather ominous and deafening.
Many have been disappointed with Fergie’s failure to back up his big words as he stepped aside last May, exhorting the Old Trafford faithful to ‘stand by your manager’.
But according to tomorrow’s Sun Sport, Fergie tried to intervene at the 11th hour and save his successor from the sack.
With the decision ultimately diplomatically taken by Ed Woodward and the board, it seems Fergie’s voice was drowned out in all the white noise.
- Updated: April 24, 2014