Sir Alex Ferguson tried to save David Moyes from Manchester United sack [Sun Sport]
- April 24, 2014
Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory through the tumultuous sacking of David Moyes, his silence throughout rather ominous and deafening.
Many have been disappointed with Fergie’s failure to back up his big words as he stepped aside last May, exhorting the Old Trafford faithful to ‘stand by your manager’.
But according to tomorrow’s Sun Sport, Fergie tried to intervene at the 11th hour and save his successor from the sack.
With the decision ultimately diplomatically taken by Ed Woodward and the board, it seems Fergie’s voice was drowned out in all the white noise.
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...