- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (nice trunks!) kicks a ball into a basketball net at a pool [Instagram]
- 101 Special Offer! Back West Ham at a whopping 6/1 to beat Arsenal!!!!!!
- Lazio want to swap Ogenyi Onazi for Liverpool’s Fabio Borini [Tutto Mercato Web]
- Manchester City offer Atletico Madrid €42m for Mario Mandzukic [Cope]
- Back Man United at an enhanced price of 5/1 to win at Spurs!!!!!
Sir Alex Ferguson sung the Michael Carrick song as Man United won the league
Manchester United’s Michael Carrick song has arguably the chant of the season in the Premier League.
Carrick has excelled this year in the centre of the United midfield, and, as has been enshrined in the fan favourite chant, the 31-year-old is now seen as the long term natural successor to Paul Scholes.
Anyone who has tuned into a United game could not have failed to hear the Carrick song at some time during the broadcast, and so it was that when United won the Premier League title at the start of the week, one of the main tunes sung in the Old Trafford celebrations was that one.
Brilliantly, TV footage caught Sir Alex Ferguson getting wrapped up in the jovial scenes, and a brief clip of the 70-year-old Scot joining in during the Carrick sing-song can be seen below.
- Updated: April 26, 2013