Sir Alex Ferguson sung the Michael Carrick song as Man United won the league
- April 26, 2013
Manchester United’s Michael Carrick song has arguably the chant of the season in the Premier League.
Carrick has excelled this year in the centre of the United midfield, and, as has been enshrined in the fan favourite chant, the 31-year-old is now seen as the long term natural successor to Paul Scholes.
Anyone who has tuned into a United game could not have failed to hear the Carrick song at some time during the broadcast, and so it was that when United won the Premier League title at the start of the week, one of the main tunes sung in the Old Trafford celebrations was that one.
Brilliantly, TV footage caught Sir Alex Ferguson getting wrapped up in the jovial scenes, and a brief clip of the 70-year-old Scot joining in during the Carrick sing-song can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi