- Incredible Offer: Back Liverpool at 4/1 or Arsenal at 5/1 to win on Super Sunday!!!!
- Inter Milan chase Spurs’ Aaron Lennon & Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
Sir Alex Ferguson gives 2 of his last interviews as Manchester United boss at POTY awards
With just one game left after 26 years at Manchester United, at West Brom on Sunday, Sir Alex Ferguson doesn’t have many opportunities for public pronouncements.
At the Manchester United Player of the Year Awards on Wednesday evening, Fergie spoke a few times publicly on his reign at Old Trafford.
First he sat down for MUTV, describing his most important memories of the club and whether he would be giving his watch to incoming Manchester United manager David Moyes.
Fergie also added that he “was fed up of hearing” about the “hairdryer” and then explained the reasoning behind employing Moyes.
Ferguson then gave another more public interview to Jim Rosenthal during the Player of the Awards dinner.
He described the thinking behind his retirement and how he was eager to retire after winning the Premier League title.
Finally, Rosenthal asked about how emotional it has been for Sir Alex Ferguson over the past few days and how he didn’t work on Tuesday, the day after the parade through Manchester.
- Updated: May 16, 2013