- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Silly Season: St Mirren sign former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba
Is Scottish football interesting again? (No, not really!)
St Mirren pulled off an wacky signing on Wednesday as, from leftfield, the Buddies scooped the signing for former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba.
St Mirren made the announcement on their website saying:
St Mirren have this afternoon signed Cameroon international midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba subject to international clearance.
The 32-year-old, who has been assigned squad number 99, passed a medical late this afternoon and has since signed a deal with the club until the end of the season.
Unfortunately, Djemba-Djemba’s arrival at St Mirren Park is unlikely to spark any major upturn in fortunes for the player or the club.
The one-time Man United flop last took part in a match back in November 2013 when he received a whole two minutes off the bench during Partizan Belgrade’s 2-0 win over Spartak Subotica.
Short of match-fitness, it’s hugely doubtful the player will feature in this Sunday’s away match at Dundee United.
St Mirren are currently 9th in the 12-team SPL, riding a downward spiral of seven defeats in their last 11 games.
Remember Djemba-Djemba’s most famous moment in a Manchester United shirt below.
- Updated: February 6, 2014