Silly Season: St Mirren sign former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba
- February 6, 2014
Is Scottish football interesting again? (No, not really!)
St Mirren pulled off an wacky signing on Wednesday as, from leftfield, the Buddies scooped the signing for former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba.
St Mirren made the announcement on their website saying:
St Mirren have this afternoon signed Cameroon international midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba subject to international clearance.
The 32-year-old, who has been assigned squad number 99, passed a medical late this afternoon and has since signed a deal with the club until the end of the season.
Unfortunately, Djemba-Djemba’s arrival at St Mirren Park is unlikely to spark any major upturn in fortunes for the player or the club.
The one-time Man United flop last took part in a match back in November 2013 when he received a whole two minutes off the bench during Partizan Belgrade’s 2-0 win over Spartak Subotica.
Short of match-fitness, it’s hugely doubtful the player will feature in this Sunday’s away match at Dundee United.
St Mirren are currently 9th in the 12-team SPL, riding a downward spiral of seven defeats in their last 11 games.
Remember Djemba-Djemba’s most famous moment in a Manchester United shirt below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]