Silent Bale may have played his last Tottenham game as he looks to force £80m Madrid move [Friday Papers]
- August 16, 2013
A blend of tabloids and broadsheets all promote the same story on their backpages on Friday: Gareth Bale’s days at Tottenham look numbered.
The Mirror, Star, Times and Telegraph all lead with the latest developments of Tottenham’s star forward, creating a picture in which Bale is refusing to talk to his White Hart Lane teammates in order to force through a 80 million pound move to Real Madrid.
The Mirror go with the headline “Bale’s silent fight”, with the paper flagging up quotes from Andre Villas-Boas on Thursday in which the Spurs manager admitted:
His mental state nobody knows, because the player doesn’t speak. The only thing that we are able to see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground.
The Times take a slightly different angle with their headline “Bale ‘could have played last game for Tottenham'”.
Picking up on AVB’s update that Bale will miss the Premier League opener at Crystal Palace on Sunday due to a foot injury, The Times question shower doubt on whether the Welshman will be fit before the end of the transfer window, which could see the attacker leave North London for SPain without kicking the ball in a Lillywhite shirt again.
A collection of Friday’s backpages focused on Gareth Bale can be seen below.
- Gareth Bale scores solo wonder goal from distance against former club Spurs (Video)
- Man United made two £100m bids for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale this summer [Sun]
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- BT Sport try to convince Bale and The Ox to change squad numbers in new UCL advert (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo was angry about Gareth Bale again, during Roma defeat [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi