Sicknote! Andy Carroll is out of action for the next four months with torn ankle ligaments
West Ham fans will be desperately disappointed to hear that striker Andy Carroll is set to be out of action for the next four months after tearing ankle ligaments.
The news was broken on twitter by Jack Sullivan, son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan.
Carroll made just 16 appearances last season for the club as he battled injury and it looks as though West Ham fans can expect more of the same this season.
Initially it was thought he would only be out for the rest of pre-season but instead he will be out until November.
You can see the (heart)breaking news in the tweet below.
VERY BAD NEW REGARDING AC, TORN LIGAMENTS IN ANKLE… OPERATION TOMORROW WITH TOP SURGEON IN USA… WILL BE PLAYING IN 4 MONTHS
— Jack Sullivan (@jsullivanwhu) July 24, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll helps the homeless while on holiday in US (Video)May 22, 2016
- Andy Carroll retweets Peter Schmeichel after Leicester 2 – West Ham 2April 17, 2016
- West Ham fans wish they had Jermain Defoe after the Sunderland win (Fan Videos)October 22, 2016
- Aaron Cresswell talks about his red card on his West Ham return v Palace (Video)October 15, 2016
- Crystal Palace v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 13, 2016
- Michail Antonio drops off signed shirt to charity event after a match [Tweets]October 12, 2016