Sicknote! Andy Carroll is out of action for the next four months with torn ankle ligaments
West Ham fans will be desperately disappointed to hear that striker Andy Carroll is set to be out of action for the next four months after tearing ankle ligaments.
The news was broken on twitter by Jack Sullivan, son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan.
Carroll made just 16 appearances last season for the club as he battled injury and it looks as though West Ham fans can expect more of the same this season.
Initially it was thought he would only be out for the rest of pre-season but instead he will be out until November.
You can see the (heart)breaking news in the tweet below.
VERY BAD NEW REGARDING AC, TORN LIGAMENTS IN ANKLE… OPERATION TOMORROW WITH TOP SURGEON IN USA… WILL BE PLAYING IN 4 MONTHS
— Jack Sullivan (@jsullivanwhu) July 24, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll helps the homeless while on holiday in US (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Andy Carroll retweets Peter Schmeichel after Leicester 2 – West Ham 2April 17th, 2016
- Why West Ham striker Andy Carroll won’t be picked for England (Sunday Supplement Video)April 10th, 2016
- Andy Carroll celebrates West Ham 3 – Arsenal 3 MOTM award with super cute pictureApril 9th, 2016
- Leaked: West Ham’s brand new club badgeMay 23rd, 2016
- Quality: West Ham write short Facebook message to Manchester United ahead of FA Cup FinalMay 21st, 2016
- Awesome: Slaven Bilic gives surprise team talk to West Ham amateur team (Video)May 20th, 2016
- West Ham’s Reece Oxford laughs off transfer talk on social mediaMay 18th, 2016