Sicknote! Andy Carroll is out of action for the next four months with torn ankle ligaments
West Ham fans will be desperately disappointed to hear that striker Andy Carroll is set to be out of action for the next four months after tearing ankle ligaments.
The news was broken on twitter by Jack Sullivan, son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan.
Carroll made just 16 appearances last season for the club as he battled injury and it looks as though West Ham fans can expect more of the same this season.
Initially it was thought he would only be out for the rest of pre-season but instead he will be out until November.
You can see the (heart)breaking news in the tweet below.
VERY BAD NEW REGARDING AC, TORN LIGAMENTS IN ANKLE… OPERATION TOMORROW WITH TOP SURGEON IN USA… WILL BE PLAYING IN 4 MONTHS
— Jack Sullivan (@jsullivanwhu) July 24, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll helps the homeless while on holiday in US (Video)May 22, 2016
- Andy Carroll retweets Peter Schmeichel after Leicester 2 – West Ham 2April 17, 2016
- Done Deal: West Ham sign Simone Zaza from Juventus [Di Marzio]August 27, 2016
- Girlfriend of West Ham’s imminent signing Simone Zaza confirms they’re in London [Instagram]August 27, 2016
- Man City v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- West Ham fan goes nuts after his side crash out of Europa League (Video)August 26, 2016