Sickening scenes: Referee brutally attacked and chased off field in amateur Saudi Arabian league
- February 23, 2013
This is just disgusting.
In the week when a young Spanish referee lost his spleen after being viscously beaten by a player from Mislata UF, comes this footage from amateur football in Saudi Arabia.
Unlike the recent incidents in Spain (and of course Holland) however, this footage is truly sickening for its mob mentality: a whole team loses is senses and chases the referee like wild animals.
The ref (seems to have) managed to escape to his dressing room without major injury, but not before a lot of cowardly kicks and punches were landed on him, not to mention missiles from the crowd; while a group of adults simply stood idly by watching, doing nothing to calm the situation.
Watch how a crazed bunch of amateur Saudi footballers descend into brutality and attack an innocent ref on the clip below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”297835″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi