- AC Milan outsider Philippe Mexes: ‘My objective now is to embarrass those who badmouth me’
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere begins his ankle recovery in bed with Sky Sports News [Instagram]
- Robin van Persie may leave Man United to join Inter Milan for £10m [Telegraph]
- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
Shudda scored! Spurs forward Erik Lamela misses great chance for Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina
It hasn’t been the greatest start to the 2013/2014 season for Tottenham’s Erik Lamela and the former Roma forward could have received a major boost with a goal for Argentina on Monday evening.
Lamela has undoubtedly shown huge improvement in recent weeks, with his performance against Sheriff, including his first Spurs goal, buoying the club and fans, praying for him to be a success.
After failing to play a part in Tottenham’s 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle, Lamela will have been keen to impress on international duty but was an unused sub in the 0-0 draw versus Ecuador and also started on the bench last night against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was the star of the show, scoring two goals, showing he is in fine form ahead of the Premier League match with Spurs on Sunday.
Lamela was introduced in 77th minute, for Aguero, and was presented with a great chance pretty much straight away.
But Lamela fluffed it. Not quite an “epic miss” as the video title above suggests but no doubting Spurs and Argentina fans will expect him to put it away…
- Updated: November 19, 2013