Shudda scored! Spurs forward Erik Lamela misses great chance for Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina
- November 19, 2013
It hasn’t been the greatest start to the 2013/2014 season for Tottenham’s Erik Lamela and the former Roma forward could have received a major boost with a goal for Argentina on Monday evening.
Lamela has undoubtedly shown huge improvement in recent weeks, with his performance against Sheriff, including his first Spurs goal, buoying the club and fans, praying for him to be a success.
After failing to play a part in Tottenham’s 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle, Lamela will have been keen to impress on international duty but was an unused sub in the 0-0 draw versus Ecuador and also started on the bench last night against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was the star of the show, scoring two goals, showing he is in fine form ahead of the Premier League match with Spurs on Sunday.
Lamela was introduced in 77th minute, for Aguero, and was presented with a great chance pretty much straight away.
But Lamela fluffed it. Not quite an “epic miss” as the video title above suggests but no doubting Spurs and Argentina fans will expect him to put it away…
- Argentina 6 – Paraguay 1: Angel Di Maria (2) & Sergio Aguero score in the ro...
- Incredible Odds! Argentina are an enormous 6/1 to beat Paraguay!!!
- Marcos Rojo reckons Angel Di Maria is the most talented player at Man United
- Argentina v Paraguay: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- Goal drought with Argentina is beginning to affect Leo Messi [Video]
- Carlos Tevez scores seriously cheeky goal in Argentina training [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi