- Tite reveals Ancelotti wants to sign Cruzeiro’s Lucas Silva for Real, Perez wants Marco Reus
- TV cameras missed violent punch-up between City’s Vincent Kompany & Bayern’s Franck Ribery [Eurosport]
- Borussia Dortmund trained in London’s Regent’s Park before the Arsenal game [Pictures]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Unfair to single out Steven Gerrard, he’s carried this club’ [Video]
- Liverpool fan channels call for Steven Gerrard to be returned to Number 10 role [Video]
Showboating Jorge Valdivia gets smacked-down by Anderson (Palmeiras – Santo Andre)
This is what happens when you take the piss out of professional footballers.
The latest round of the Brazilian cup played out on Thursday night, andÂ Palmeiras edged Santo Andre 1-nil to advance into the next round. It wasn’t all smiles for the home team though, as schemerÂ Jorge Valdivia got the Nigel de Jong treatment after going a little too far with his showboating.
With the match approaching it’s final stages, the Chilean playmaker picked up the ball near the corner flag. Once in possession, not once, not twice, but three timesÂ Valdivia pretended to thrash the ball into the danger area, only for the footballer to fake his cross as he looked to embarrass his opponents.
Minutes laterÂ Valdivia got his comeuppance.
As theÂ Palmeiras number ten received another pass close to the touchline,Â Santo Andre defenderÂ Anderson came storming into the frame. Brutally he whipped bothÂ Valdivia’s legs from under him in a blatant act of revenge, receiving a yellow card for his troubles.
- Updated: April 23, 2011