- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Showboating Jorge Valdivia gets smacked-down by Anderson (Palmeiras – Santo Andre)
This is what happens when you take the piss out of professional footballers.
The latest round of the Brazilian cup played out on Thursday night, andÂ Palmeiras edged Santo Andre 1-nil to advance into the next round. It wasn’t all smiles for the home team though, as schemerÂ Jorge Valdivia got the Nigel de Jong treatment after going a little too far with his showboating.
With the match approaching it’s final stages, the Chilean playmaker picked up the ball near the corner flag. Once in possession, not once, not twice, but three timesÂ Valdivia pretended to thrash the ball into the danger area, only for the footballer to fake his cross as he looked to embarrass his opponents.
Minutes laterÂ Valdivia got his comeuppance.
As theÂ Palmeiras number ten received another pass close to the touchline,Â Santo Andre defenderÂ Anderson came storming into the frame. Brutally he whipped bothÂ Valdivia’s legs from under him in a blatant act of revenge, receiving a yellow card for his troubles.
- Updated: April 23, 2011