Showboating Jorge Valdivia gets smacked-down by Anderson (Palmeiras – Santo Andre)
- April 23, 2011
This is what happens when you take the piss out of professional footballers.
The latest round of the Brazilian cup played out on Thursday night, andÂ Palmeiras edged Santo Andre 1-nil to advance into the next round. It wasn’t all smiles for the home team though, as schemerÂ Jorge Valdivia got the Nigel de Jong treatment after going a little too far with his showboating.
With the match approaching it’s final stages, the Chilean playmaker picked up the ball near the corner flag. Once in possession, not once, not twice, but three timesÂ Valdivia pretended to thrash the ball into the danger area, only for the footballer to fake his cross as he looked to embarrass his opponents.
Minutes laterÂ Valdivia got his comeuppance.
As theÂ Palmeiras number ten received another pass close to the touchline,Â Santo Andre defenderÂ Anderson came storming into the frame. Brutally he whipped bothÂ Valdivia’s legs from under him in a blatant act of revenge, receiving a yellow card for his troubles.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]