- Team Sheets: Ludogorets v Liverpool
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss two weeks with ankle injury
- Roma players hit up a Moscow strip club after CSKA draw, press get threats about printing pics
- Angolan club Kabuscorp confirm they are trying to sign Ronaldinho on a 1 year deal
- Tite reveals Ancelotti wants to sign Cruzeiro’s Lucas Silva for Real, Perez wants Marco Reus
Should Man United have been awarded a 1st half penalty v Arsenal? (Giroud on Rooney)
Surprisingly, Match of the Day did not show this clip on their coverage on Sunday night!
In a game of few chances, which Manchester United won 1-0, this penalty shout in the first half against Arsenal was one of the close calls of the encounter.
Olivier Giroud gave the ball away and in true striker fashion charged back to make up for his mistake but only managed to upend Wayne Rooney in a rather ugly manner.
Referee Michael Oliver was unmoved but it certainly looked like a good shout and could well have made Manchester United’s 1-0 victory a lot more comfortable than it turned out to be.
Leave your thoughts in the comments below…
- Updated: November 10, 2013