Should Man United have been awarded a 1st half penalty v Arsenal? (Giroud on Rooney)
- November 10, 2013
Surprisingly, Match of the Day did not show this clip on their coverage on Sunday night!
In a game of few chances, which Manchester United won 1-0, this penalty shout in the first half against Arsenal was one of the close calls of the encounter.
Olivier Giroud gave the ball away and in true striker fashion charged back to make up for his mistake but only managed to upend Wayne Rooney in a rather ugly manner.
Referee Michael Oliver was unmoved but it certainly looked like a good shout and could well have made Manchester United’s 1-0 victory a lot more comfortable than it turned out to be.
Leave your thoughts in the comments below…
- Arsenal want Karim Benzema & the Gunners have €65m stashed away for the deal [AS]
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi